Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Is there supposed to be a temperature reading and fan speed indicator next to the time/ Audio to the right on that display? Or is that only an extra option that has to be bought?

Attachments

·
Registered
242 Posts
The fan speed indicator is for the auto climate control I believe. The unit as laid out does not have climate control. It should have the temperature display.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
but if you look at an angle you can kinda see it... I guess they kept the option open when they designed it but never actually implemented it at least not with the 05

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
Yeah, there's a lot of stuff you can see which will never light up for our model. They began implementing it on the SP2.3 model I believe.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
In the US the ambient temp display and ACC did not become available until 2006. These options were available in other countries, thus why the LCD has the icons on it. The same way the dash cluster has indicators for front and rear fog lights which aren't hooked up on US models (even ones with fogs).

btw the car pictured is a '04-'06 3s model 5-door with manual HVAC controls, so it wouldn't have anything displayed on the right side of the LCD. Go ahead, just ask me how I know. ;)

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
yea..i have an 04.. and i can see the fan reading on the display when i look from an angle.. but it never works.. since i dont have automatic climate control

and icspots is right.. they didnt come out untill 06

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=04mzda3htbk link=topic=137337.msg2961333#msg2961333 date=1235600111]
ok so how do you know?
[/quote]

'04-'05 3s because of
-red seat inserts (3i was solid color)
-fake CF dash strip (3i had piano black)
-electroluminescent gauges
-lack of ambient temp. display (duh)

hatchback because it has controls for a rear wiper. ;)

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
in other words.. looks exactly like my 04 :) hahah except for the fact that pic is of an auto.. not stick

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
from what i c it has tape/md option.. which mine also has

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
[quote author=lucaspl88 link=topic=137337.msg2961425#msg2961425 date=1235601854]
from what i c it has tape/md option.. which mine also has
[/quote]

It has the TAPE/MD button which all '04-'05 HU's had, it doesn't have the option as the module for those would be where it says "multi function stereo system". The TAPE/MD button was renamed MEDIA in '06.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts