Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Re: Am I blind?

It's between the engine and firewall... Follow the intake tract from the airbox; it goes right into the turbocharger.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Cool I'll have to look tomarrow in the light. I was just curious this afternoon I was driving and I thought I heard sirens so I slowed down.......it wasn't sirens it was the turbo whistiling.

·
Registered
906 Posts

[quote author=warpspeed link=topic=67966.msg1171052#msg1171052 date=1169857918]
Cool I'll have to look tomarrow in the light. I was just curious this afternoon I was driving and I thought I heard sirens so I slowed down.......it wasn't sirens it was the turbo whistiling.
[/quote]

Yeah, because sirens sound alot like turbos.....

For the 7000+ kms I have put on my MS3, I have never heard the turbo....

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

Ya'll must be blind and deaf! With close to 44xx miles i have on my speed3, I can hear the turbo spool up just fine.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts

[quote author=Frosty link=topic=67966.msg1171460#msg1171460 date=1169886200]
Ya'll must be blind and deaf! With close to 44xx miles i have on my speed3, I can hear the turbo spool up just fine.
[/quote]
Count me in as deaf. Must be in the same frequency as my wife's voice. I can't hear her a lot of times, either. Really looking forward to getting the CAI, so I can hear that tiny bad boy.

·
Registered
906 Posts

[quote author=desperado callado link=topic=67966.msg1171485#msg1171485 date=1169895018]
Count me in as deaf. Must be in the same frequency as my wife's voice. I can't hear her a lot of times, either. Really looking forward to getting the CAI, so I can hear that tiny bad boy.
[/quote]

Agreed. There is zero whistling sound coming from the turbo as it spools. You can definitely hear the engine note and exhaust note change as the turbo spools, but not the actual sounds of the turbo.

Here is what a spooling turbo sounds like and there is NONE of that sound on my car.

http://media.putfile.com/Turbo-Type-S-12-psi-2

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

ok I should of changed this topic to "Am I the only one not Deaf". Agreeded Its not loud like your car but its a very low whistle that I hear when the radio is off. I must still have good hearing.

I found this on youtube...you can hear the whistle that I hear. Ofcourse he modified something..however I hear the same thing on my car without his modification..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiPI4Jf8Jp8

·
Registered
439 Posts

I can barely hear the sound of the turbo "whistle". But it is there.

As for the turbo, like it was said before, it's between the engine and firewall. It's hard to see because it's hidden behind heat shields and all.

·
Registered
14,911 Posts

[quote author=warpspeed link=topic=67966.msg1171700#msg1171700 date=1169920103]
ok I should of changed this topic to "Am I the only one not Deaf". Agreeded Its not loud like your car but its a very low whistle that I hear when the radio is off. I must still have good hearing.

I found this on youtube...you can hear the whistle that I hear. Ofcourse he modified something..however I hear the same thing on my car without his modification..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiPI4Jf8Jp8
[/quote]

I took care of it for you. ;)

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I hear it loud and clear now, with the CPE CAI. You will for sure hear it spooling. I am gonna try to get a video of it soon, my digi cam sucks.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
i can hear mine spool up... it is faint but its there

·
Registered
35 Posts
[quote author=TRU-BOOST link=topic=67966.msg1173675#msg1173675 date=1170035812]
[/quote]

I can hear mine too. It seems to get louder the colder the outside temp becomes

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can hear mine too. It is not too loud, and the BOV is quiet too...

... Did I mention this only happened when I unbolted my airbox lid?

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
[quote author=WangsHatch link=topic=67966.msg1175858#msg1175858 date=1170130917]
[quote author=TRU-BOOST link=topic=67966.msg1173675#msg1173675 date=1170035812]
[/quote]

I can hear mine too. It seems to get louder the colder the outside temp becomes
[/quote]

Its the coldest its been around here and I finally heard my turbo, its very quiet but you can kind of here it.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Yeah, I never hear mine. Then again, the radio is turned up really loud.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts