Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you don't know what this is, its a technique where you take 3 or more shots of the same scene, each with different shutter speeds. Then use PS or Photomatix to merge into HDR.
Results are very good I think.I used PS CS

Sorry about the crappy quality, its seem that M3F only links to the smaller versions.

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok Ok, I will show you sorta what its like and resize them..
These 1st four pictures are a series of the same shot. with different shutter speeds.
Then the last image is the HDR

And here is the HDR. I can make this look better having all the color information from the other 4.
Make sense now?

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yup perfect example, and they don't look as drastic on mine, partly because of the way you make the HDR.
PS CS is pretty mellow looking after it does it. .
Photomatix make them really extreme looking.

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
You have two ways to control how bright and how dark your pictures are.
You can have a slow shutter speed, 1/2 second 1, 2 ,4 seconds. These are great for night time.
But during the day these slow shutters will make you pictures to bright.
Then you have the fast shutter speeds, perfect for daytime and action photography, these 1/1000, 1/2000 and even 1/4000 all mean that the shutter is open for that small fraction of a second (read 1 thousandth of a second or 1 two-thousandths of a second and the fastest my camera has , 1 four thousandths of a second). So fast shutter speeds will be good for daytime and moving objects. A slow shutter speed will allow more light, but will blur if an object is moving.
The other way to control exposure is using F-stops.Which have been mentioned, think of your pupil and how it changes size, in low light your pupil will expand, and in bright light it will shrink.
If you change this F-stop then you can control the Depth of Field. What I mean by that is when your subject is in Focus, will things in the foreground and the background be clear also?

When you do a set of 3-5 images to make into an HDR be sure to change the SHUTTER SPEED only, this will leave the Depth of Field the same for you pics, let the shutter control how bright the pictures are.

· Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I own a Nikon E5400, and am researching DSLRs
I like the Canon EOS 30D, the 5D is a little too high.
The Nikon are idk, I kind of want to try something else. Sony I have not liked ever much for cameras.
Fuji idk, Sigma idk, Pentax idk

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.