Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
[quote author=dL. link=topic=136240.msg2937127#msg2937127 date=1234649046]
I would get the 2010 if I were you. Just seems odd to get a new car that's basically the same.

dL
[/quote]
Agreed, or keep the old one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
[quote author=KAZPER073 link=topic=136240.msg2937355#msg2937355 date=1234658188]
[quote author=dL. link=topic=136240.msg2937127#msg2937127 date=1234649046]
I would get the 2010 if I were you. Just seems odd to get a new car that's basically the same.

dL
[/quote]

2010 is UGLY
[/quote]

And the added power is offset by the added weight. Yuck. Glad I bought an 09.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
[quote author=rcervel link=topic=136240.msg2935661#msg2935661 date=1234574779]
Ok only a couple of things about the MS3...

No moonroof, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about a hatch. Also, it requires premium gas. With prices of gas going up this summer most likely not sure how I feel about dishing out extra cash just for gas.

Pluses, I really like the true Red color, instead of the Copper Red with the '09 MZ3, and I've been craving for a 6th gear and of course the performance.

I've always said that if I get a new car, I'm going to get it with what I want. All my cars before have had moonroofs.

Let me hear what sold you guys on the MS3 vs. the MZ3 and vice-versa.
[/quote]

I want to touch on this for a sec. You're worried about "premium gas" right? On average, around town, I see premium costing around .20 $ more / gallon, right? Let's do a little math then ; .20 x 10gal = $2.00 per tank? I'm gonna guess your increased income could cover around $2.00 additional per fillup? :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
The price of the gas doesn't really matter to me. But during the summer in NYC the gas differential can be as much as .50. I'd just rather spend it on something more useful than gas, even though that's only about $130/yr.

I have to say I'm leaning towards the MZ3.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Ok, so I went to the dealer today to test drive a MS3. The guy said he still had good deals on 08's. It was a CWP GT. Let me tell you man it was fun. The car just wanted to go, so I let it go. I want to do it again, and I didn't even notice not having the moonroof.

The car I test drove was the one I was hoping to pick-up, so it was great.

The MSRP was $24,980 invoice $23,677 dealer offered it for $22,677. How's that for a deal? The dealer said those numbers were only for February, and new ones would come out for March. I can't imagine the numbers would get any higher as time goes on, especially with cars actually in-stock. So now I have to go to my credit union and see what kind of % I can get on a loan. The dealer admitted that he'd do about anything to move these MS3. We'll see.

·
Registered
15,112 Posts
If I were in a position to upgrade, there would be no doubt in my mind that from my 04, I'd be going straight into an MS3. There's no comparison between the regular 3 and an MS3. If you can afford the Speed, do it. Otherwise, you'll kick yourself in the ass for a long time, especially since you already test drove it.

·
Registered
10,527 Posts
[quote author=rcervel link=topic=136240.msg2958752#msg2958752 date=1235513153]
Ok, so I went to the dealer today to test drive a MS3. The guy said he still had good deals on 08's. It was a CWP GT. Let me tell you man it was fun. The car just wanted to go, so I let it go. I want to do it again, and I didn't even notice not having the moonroof.

The car I test drove was the one I was hoping to pick-up, so it was great.

The MSRP was $24,980 invoice $23,677 dealer offered it for $22,677. How's that for a deal? The dealer said those numbers were only for February, and new ones would come out for March. I can't imagine the numbers would get any higher as time goes on, especially with cars actually in-stock. So now I have to go to my credit union and see what kind of % I can get on a loan. The dealer admitted that he'd do about anything to move these MS3. We'll see.
[/quote]

I'd say go for it. You can probably get that price down even lower too.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
i wouldnt upgrade unless you were getting a speed

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I bought my '05 used last year. If things get better for me soon, and I get to a point where I may be able to trade my car in for something NEW, I was thinking of getting a '10. Though I am one of the few who likes the new model, I still may just go with an '09. I was told that when the '10's come out on the lots, the "leftover" '09's will drop in price, just to get them off the lots. I'm still making payments on my car (obviously), but every once in a while, I like to see what the trade-in value would be.

I'm on my second car too! ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Personally, I'd wait a few years for the next-gen 2010 model to mature and then pick one up. The new GT is going to have awesome features like swivel HID headlamps, Bluetooth integration, 10-speaker stereo. That's stuff that I'd kill for in my car, but to each his own.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
"swivel" HIDs.. no thanks.. just one more thing that can break. Bluetooth... most aftermarket HUs offer that. 10 speakers? If they're anything like the 6 on our cars now, they're crap from the factory... just because theres more of them, doesnt make them better.

09 FTW.. I love mine.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.