Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's my dilemma...

I currently own a 2004 Mazda 3s, I got a new job a year a ago which is going great which also gives me some extra $$$. I bought my Mazda 3 used, my second car overall. But now I thinking about upgrading. I've looked at other cars but all-together the Mazda 3 still has what I'm looking for.

What I was planning to do, go to my local dealer, for a 2009 Mazda 3 Grand Touring, Copper Red, with all the trimmings and trade in my current 2004 MZ3. Got a promotional email from the dealer offering Mazda owner loyalty discount. But since the 2010 MZ3 is coming out will the value of 2009 sink lock a rock? I really do not like the way the 2010 looks I just can't feel it. If I wait until the summer could I get a better deal on a 2009 or would it be better to do it in March/April?

Any opinions?

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
sdemo45 went from an 04 to an 09. If you like the 09 but not the 10 then I would buy now to ensure you get the color and features you want. The 3 continues to be a great selling car.

It's nearly impossible to predict what the resale value will do.

·
Registered
294 Posts
You also need to figure in possible insurance increase, as well as car payments. Do you own yours outright or are you still paying on it. If you own in outright, it's kinda nice not having a payment.

Then there's also the factory warranty on the new one. And....IT'S NEW!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I would look hard @ a ms3. I bought a 2008 mazda 3 gt 5-door last year, and my only regret
is I really didn't look at the mazdaspeed. It also seems like the dealers are dealing with the speeds
a litte more (not selling as much as non-speeds?).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok only a couple of things about the MS3...

No moonroof, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about a hatch. Also, it requires premium gas. With prices of gas going up this summer most likely not sure how I feel about dishing out extra cash just for gas.

Pluses, I really like the true Red color, instead of the Copper Red with the '09 MZ3, and I've been craving for a 6th gear and of course the performance.

I've always said that if I get a new car, I'm going to get it with what I want. All my cars before have had moonroofs.

Let me hear what sold you guys on the MS3 vs. the MZ3 and vice-versa.

·
Registered
155 Posts
[quote author=rcervel link=topic=136240.msg2935661#msg2935661 date=1234574779]

No moonroof, and I'm not sure how I'd feel about a hatch. Also, it requires premium gas. With prices of gas going up this summer most likely not sure how I feel about dishing out extra cash just for gas.

Pluses, I really like the true Red color, instead of the Copper Red with the '09 MZ3, and I've been craving for a 6th gear and of course the performance.

I've always said that if I get a new car, I'm going to get it with what I want. All my cars before have had moonroofs.

[/quote]

Ok.. HATCHES ARE FLIPPIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
^^^ Correct, the MS3 does not come with a moonroof.

I never understood the concern over premium fuel. Premium fuel is about an extra $2.50 per tank. If you can't afford an extra $2.50 at fill up you shouldn't be driving any car.

·
Registered
155 Posts
crap was going to add something to my previous post and computer crapped out on me in the middle of rearranging what I was saying haha.. .now there's only part of my post :p ....

I realize that people are all concerned about putting certain kinds of gas in their cars... and that it's recommended you put premium in the car.. but I really don't get it either way .. guess I'm retarded

·
Registered
6,919 Posts
[quote author=KAZPER073 link=topic=136240.msg2936142#msg2936142 date=1234591212]
crap was going to add something to my previous post and computer crapped out on me in the middle of rearranging what I was saying haha.. .now there's only part of my post :p ....

I realize that people are all concerned about putting certain kinds of gas in their cars... and that it's recommended you put premium in the car.. but I really don't get it either way .. guess I'm retarded
[/quote] most turbo applications require premium fuel

·
Registered
67 Posts
[quote author=rcervel link=topic=136240.msg2935661#msg2935661 date=1234574779]

[/quote]

Keep in mind, you can always install a moonroof aftermarket (some great videos on youtube are available).
As far as MS3 vs Speed, sure you can get manual on non-speeds and they are fun to drive, where else can you get
that kinda of power (no cobalts ss) for the cost of a Speed (and with local dealers trying to sell off 2008 MS3 less then 2009 GT).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
[quote author=danielj link=topic=136240.msg2936137#msg2936137 date=1234590997]
^^^ Correct, the MS3 does not come with a moonroof.

I never understood the concern over premium fuel. Premium fuel is about an extra $2.50 per tank. If you can't afford an extra $2.50 at fill up you shouldn't be driving any car.
[/quote]

Yeah, I guess $2.5 a tank is not a big deal, but the Hatch and moonroof are my main things.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Yeah, don't even think about the MS3 if you dislike hatches.

I think you should keep your current car...unless it is breaking down. If its not, then I don't see why you would want to make payments or shell out the money for a nearly exact duplicate of your current car...unless you dislike your car for some reason? I do not see the point in getting the exact same car if nothing is wrong with the original...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Reason not to worry about moonroof: in a Speed3, you are going too fast to look up ... so you don't miss the moonroof. Personally, I haven't liked moonroofs since I was a kid living in NY; of course, it is too hot here in Alabama for one.

Sounds like you would be better off keeping the car you have and adding a turbo + mods. Personally, I like the hatch as it looks sportier and is more functional but to each his own.

·
Registered
36,001 Posts
Reasons why not to get 2010: its ugly (IMO), its the first model year, no aftermarket parts will be available until 2011 at the earliest.

The 2009 is the most refined version of the 04-09 models. Almost all of the problems have been found and fixed (with the exception of the passenger side motor mount). It also looks and feels much nicer inside than my 04.

I say get the new car. Its basically a better version of what you have. You'll have your warranty again and the exterior will be pristine condition. As I already mentioned, the interior is much nicer than the 04s. I got an 09 because I couldn't justify getting anything else. The 3 is really at the top of its class.. no matter how you look at it.

If you know how to drive stick, buy a MS3. First week, upgrade all the motor mounts.

·
Registered
155 Posts
[quote author=dL. link=topic=136240.msg2937127#msg2937127 date=1234649046]
I would get the 2010 if I were you. Just seems odd to get a new car that's basically the same.

dL
[/quote]

2010 is UGLY

1 - 20 of 34 Posts