Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to the tech's at Crutchfield the Alpine W-505 screen video option will have to be sequenced every time you want to watch DVD after the car has been turned off- even if one wires it for the bypass. In other words, if you want to watch DVD you have to press the foot brake, disengage, engage, etc the handbrake to watch DVD's. Now, even with the (bypass) when the car is shut off and started again you are prompted to active the DVD/options using the foot brake, handbrake/switch? Is this true?

There's absolutely no way of having the DVD/options stay activated even after the car is shut off and turned on later? Mind that I already did the bypass and it won't take care of this annoyance.

I was told that you have to the activation every single time you start the car? I don't think that's right? If so, thumbs down to Alpine.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, but that setup (running the pac-audio module) will have the video running consistently. Meaning, it's available to you as soon as you click on visual. However, I was wondering if there's a way to also incorporate a switch along side the module.

With out the module (running a SPST, on-off switch) I am able to turn off my video (in emergency) if I was to get pulled over for watching DVD while driving. When I flip the switch the the screen would then display video is disabled while driving or whatever. Then, when the cop leaves and what not, I simply turn the switch on and viola- I got video. The downside to this is that as soon as the car is shut off, I have to do the foot brake/switch activation for video playback when I turn the car back on again.

Is there a way to incorporate the on/off switch with this module. While having the module bypass the Alpine video playback feature I would like the switch to be able to turn off the video whenever needed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
yes you should be able to do this i will look later after i get home from work to see what wires you would to use and try to show how to wire the switch in if someone doesnt beat me to it. I say it can be done.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[quote author=thumperxes link=topic=135216.msg2911228#msg2911228 date=1233750453]
yes you should be able to do this i will look later after i get home from work to see what wires you would to use and try to show how to wire the switch in if someone doesnt beat me to it. I say it can be done.
[/quote]

I wired the on/off switch first before I wired the bypass module just like you would wire to the hand brake. However, as soon as the wires from the module are wired it some how seems to block the switch from working. I tired couple of things to make it works I got another thing which I'm going to try as soon as I get home- it should work.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got it figured out. I dunno why I haven't been able to see it earlier such simplicity- guess I'm working too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts