Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am excited. On wednesday, I am hoping to be scheduled for an install.
Going for the following:

Alpine IVA-D310 touchscreen HU
Alpine Blackbird Navigation
Alpine blackbird docking station

Last time I spoke with the sales guy, he said tues/wed should be ok. I didn't decide to buy it until after they closed on saturday, but I did send him an email. I'll give him a ring bright and early on Tues.

Im stoked. I've been wanting navigation and a touchscreen for a while :D I am going to ask if I can stay in the install bay and take pictures the whole time. I doubt he will let me, but maybe....just maybe if they aren't so busy :D

Anyone have any opinions on the iva-d310 before I jump into bed with it (so to speak). LOL

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Alpine IVA-D310 + blackbird navigation

Local shop.
Atlantic Car Stereo.

2000 CDN plus tax, plus install.
for all 3 items.

Normal prices:
IVA-D310 - 1500
Blackbird - 700
dockingstation - 200
And those are after the recent price drop on the items. Before used to be more expensive.

install is usually 100 bucks he says for a job like this. Which is fine by me.

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Deck goes in tonight! WOOT!

He is going to install it afterhours since they are really booked up during the week. So Maybe I'll get a chance to work on my subs while he does the install. Gonna rewire my subs from 4ohm circuit to a 1ohm :D

:blue: :yay: :awais: :crazy: :bunnyd: :bananadance: :bananahump: :banana: :frantic: :eekcrazy: :metalcord: :dhl: :party: :joshers: :frostyfire: :mayo:

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Got some pictures!!!!

I need some way of preventing or getting rid of fingerprints. hehehe. One bad thing about the touchscreen....fingerprints!

The place that installed my HU and nav and such. Awesome place! Very friendly, worked on my car afterhours and did everything I wanted! Including putting the brain unit where I wanted and such.

He routed most the cables underneath the carpet, so you actually don't see many of the cables for the HU in this pic.

Daytime, closed shot.

Navigation. The nav is actually a seperate unit connected via a docking station. I'll get pics of the actual blackbird unit later.

Playing music.

Playing a movie/music video off a dvd.

I absolutely love the system. It also makes the subs push more and speakers sound a bit nicer (its noticeable).

A few things I dislike about the unit at the moment:
no fast scrolling when scrolling thru a mp3 cd. So if everything is in one folder, it takes u forever to get to a song 1/2 way down.
Glare sucks, but nothing much we can do with that
Finger prints!!!!!!!!! argh! ...solution: get rid of my fingers? LOL

·
Registered
108 Posts
wow...purty cool setup. two questions:

1) do you have it rigged to play DVDs while driving?
2) where did you get that dash kit from? (is it the standard metra one?)

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, its rigged to play dvd's while driving.
Its for my passengers. Kinda silly to have it disabled, but I understand why it is.

And it is the scoshe kit. The metra kit puts it in the top spot where the pocket is. If I put my screen up, it will block my vents, and I did not want that.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I got a chance to check this out the other day, very nice setup indeed.

Myself, I would prefer a cheaper 52" screen for home over a 7" screen for a my car.

However, this does kick ass, and i love the navigation element.

I am jealous man!!! Your driving from now on *lol*

·
Registered
4,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[quote author=WinningBlueMica`05 link=topic=65841.msg1135114#msg1135114 date=1168034499]
I got a chance to check this out the other day, very nice setup indeed.

Myself, I would prefer a cheaper 52" screen for home over a 7" screen for a my car.

However, this does kick ass, and i love the navigation element.

I am jealous man!!! Your driving from now on *lol*
[/quote]

Learn to drive a manual so u can drive and I can watch the screen. LOL

btw, no longer need to re-wire my subs. Hu pushes a better signal. sub out. as opposed to my amp taking speaker level input.
Def more boom. So I can leave my subs in a 4ohm circuit, be safe, and still have more boom than my car and ears can handle.
me = extremely happy!

·
Registered
244 Posts
awesome HU! welcome to the world of mobile dvd entertainment!

for fingerprints, get a good microfiber cloth and gently buff them out. does the trick on mine

·
Registered
212 Posts
hey dude..do you have a pic of the whole unit removed..part of it is detachable once installed right? Im really looking into investing in that alpine IVA-D310...but im worried that its not detachable. I dont want people to break into my car and take the screen lol. If its not detachable ill go with the JVC KD-AVX2

·
Registered
423 Posts
Try and get the stock LCD back in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts