Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heh

so yea, my parents are out here visiting from ohio, and so i am letting my dad drive my MS3, while i use my 86 camry for work. So i go over all the ins and out of the car things to do/not to do, and how to do stuff. One of the last things i told him was, if you get pulled over because of my tint, just tell them that the car is not yours, and that it is mine... This was saturday afternoon in fountain valley where i live, later that night they are on there way to Torrance to visit my grandparents and i get a call from my mom say "Guess what we just got?", and i say what, she says "we just got pulled over for your window tint", and i was like "no way".

So they're pulled over, and the cop gets out and is like staring at the windows like he was trying to see through them, and get gets to the front of the car and he says "oh, there is someone in the car" also probably surprised to see 2 people in their 40's and 50's driving. So he runs the VIN #, (because i had just got my plates a few days before, and havn't put them on yet) and it comes back with my name. My dad told him that the name that came up wasn't him, and that it was me. The cop also comments that there were no plates on the car. (if he were smart, he probably would have noticed that the dealer sticker thing, was still on the windshield). But i hadn't told me parents anything about the plates, so they just told him that they didn't know where they were, cause it wasn't their car.

but to conclude things, the cop let them off with just a verbal warning, probably telling them to tell me or something...

good thing i wasn't the one driving, cause i may not have been let off, but who know...I'll probably throw my plates on when I get it back from my parents or something.

for those wondering about what tint i have, cause i know someone will ask.

i have 5 % on the back, and 20% on the front doors... I am still debating weather or not i want to do the full windshield still, like i had done on my first MZ3. I had 35% done on that, but if i do it again this time, i don't know if i would go as dark, just for the sake of noticebility. we will see.....

Adios..

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I still dont understand the whole front windshield thing... but if thats what floats your boat...

But, yea the whole cop not noticing the temp decals would mean that he was just trying to be a bigger ass.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
[quote author=SHINE Man link=topic=70536.msg1233566#msg1233566 date=1172514300]
So i go over all the ins and out of the car things to do/not to do, and how to do stuff.
[/quote]

gas, brake, steering wheel......

what am I missing here?

·
Registered
5,370 Posts
I did not get a ticket for mine since he did not have his light meter with him but he told me to remove it or he would get me next time he saw me with it, so I did. Local cop with nothing better to do than fuck with people so I did not tempt fate.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
my wife got hit with a tint ticket by her school. She decided to just pay the ticket, but now is paranoid whenever she goes there :roll:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts