Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.) Do we have any official sales figures for the 3 as of yet?
2.) How far into the future can dealers "see" their allocations? That is, are dealers able to check allocations for March or April right now, or are allocations updated/provided on a monthly basis?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
1. Too soon.

2. They should know up front how many they are going to get. From what I remember in a past thread there was not going to be any more over what they were allocated already because they have already sold out production for this year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cowtown said:
Trust Bruno to know. :D
Yes, Bruno knows all. 8)

Well crap, I guess I'm probably gonna have to go ahead and order sometime soon. I don't need or want the car until May, but I don't think I can afford to wait around until 4 months from now and then start searching for my perfect combination. Fingers crossed...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kazbaeden said:
I don't have that much initiative. I'm counting on the perfect combo falling into my lap... like that's gonna happen...
Haha, see, I would be very pissed off for a very long time if I didn't get exactly the 3 I wanted...It might be a challenge, but I'm keeping my hopes high.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
I believe I read that about 70,000 Mazda3s will be allocated to the US this year. About 30% will be HBs. No Idea what the s/i split will be on the sedan.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
238 Posts
that's already great if those numbers are correct.....i think i read somewhere that mazda's goal was 70,000
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
779 Posts
That's a worldwide figure, I bet. Japan supplies most of the world's Mazda3s (except Europe, I think). Nonetheless, only 1 1/2 months into sales, 75k is a great number!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts
I believe Car and Drivers mentioned that Mazda expects to sell equal proportions of i sedans, s sedans, and hatchbacks in the US.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hmm, better get to my dealer soon...I don't want to be stuck with no car or a car I'm not totally happy with come May/June.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
882 Posts
My dealer has 5, 3 Sport's on the lot, maybe an equal number of sedans. They are moving them pretty well from what it seems. Canada is of course smart enough to recognize the awesomeness of the Protege and 3. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
cowtown said:
My dealer has 5, 3 Sport's on the lot, maybe an equal number of sedans. They are moving them pretty well from what it seems. Canada is of course smart enough to recognize the awesomeness of the Protege and 3. :D
Very interesting. They don't seem to be moving too well in my area at all. The only ones I've seen are on dealer lots, week after week. And they're willing to deal, too. Maybe the population at large is just retarded and prefers to over-pay for Civic EX with drum brakes. WTF?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
USCMazda3 said:
cowtown said:
My dealer has 5, 3 Sport's on the lot, maybe an equal number of sedans. They are moving them pretty well from what it seems. Canada is of course smart enough to recognize the awesomeness of the Protege and 3. :D
Very interesting. They don't seem to be moving too well in my area at all. The only ones I've seen are on dealer lots, week after week. And they're willing to deal, too. Maybe the population at large is just retarded and prefers to over-pay for Civic EX with drum brakes. WTF?
Hopefully they will continue to sell slowly until late June after I'm going to get my 3. That way I can get a sweet deal!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
947 Posts
Well... Civics are goig for about $500 below invoice, which means for $15,500 you can get a Civic EX Sedan with side airbags. Drum brakes or not, this car comes with moonroof, ABS, front side airbags, features that are desirable and optional on the Mazda3 for more money. So to those people who do not place as much value on the beefy engine, stylish looks, and crisp handling of the Mazda3, the Civic remains a very attractive car.

I am not saying that the Civic is "more car", or even that it is a better value. Just that it is cheaper and comes standard with some attractive features. Throw in Honda's reputation for reliability, it's easy to see how Civic can remain popular despite the availability of Mazda3.

The Corolla situation is also similar, where the most expensive Corolla sells just over $15K. Based on what I've seen on this board, few Mazda3s are sold for that low. Mazda3 is a premium vehicle in the compact market segment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
LeeLee said:
Well... Civics are goig for about $500 below invoice, which means for $15,500 you can get a Civic EX Sedan with side airbags. Drum brakes or not, this car comes with moonroof, ABS, front side airbags, features that are desirable and optional on the Mazda3 for more money. So to those people who do not place as much value on the beefy engine, stylish looks, and crisp handling of the Mazda3, the Civic remains a very attractive car.

I am not saying that the Civic is "more car", or even that it is a better value. Just that it is cheaper and comes standard with some attractive features. Throw in Honda's reputation for reliability, it's easy to see how Civic can remain popular despite the availability of Mazda3.

The Corolla situation is also similar, where the most expensive Corolla sells just over $15K. Based on what I've seen on this board, few Mazda3s are sold for that low. Mazda3 is a premium vehicle in the compact market segment.
agreed! my fiancee is also looking for a new car and I've consistently gotten quotes for civics and rollas for 500-1500 under invoice. she doesn't really care about zoom-zoom so she'll probably end up w/ one of those for < my 3.
 
1 - 20 of 67 Posts
Top