Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From the OC Register:

The CHP has jurisdiction over the county's unincorporated roads but doesn't have enough officers to regularly patrol the remote area.

Four units patrol all of south Orange County from Lake Forest to San Diego County, including all of Ortega Highway, Los Flores, Ladera Ranch and the 73 and 241 toll roads.

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/news/atoz/article_983693.php

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Wow... that's pretty bad. I'd like to know how many people go to "test the roads." Must be pretty crowded with this out.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
I like that road actually! It is truely a fun road to cruise. I don't speed on that road though because I know it's dangerous. It's just fun cruising and feeling the road. I've known people who actually rolled their cars but they deserve it because they are one of those people who speed through that road. Now my fear is that if I go cruising through that road I'm going to get pulled over because i look like one of those racers...

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[quote author=sh1bby69 link=topic=71669.msg1262322#msg1262322 date=1173678072]Now my fear is that if I go cruising through that road I'm going to get pulled over because i look like one of those racers...
[/quote]
I wouldn't be too worried if you're not driving erratically or over the speed limit, although one of the good things about going up to Ortega is that the speed limit is 65 so you can really tear it up and not even hit the speed limit.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Good to know...but i see ppl pulled over all the time on the 241. Those 4 dudes must be BUSY!

·
Registered
377 Posts
i personally enjoy ortega... though it's an easy course.. it love the drive going up to the "lookout" and just chillin and having a quick photoshoot with my buddy... but when he leads downhill we are hitting proably 85-90 mph... i thought that was fast until i went with another buddy of mine who drives and EF with the b16 in it.. the guys got balls the size of boulders... he's hitting 90-100 sometimes... and they guy will take any corner any day.. the last time he was up there he blew his motor... what did he do?... bought another b16 and hit it again the same night..HAHA but yeha.. i like ortega..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts