Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
holy $hit!

Nice looking car! BMW style lights in front with turn signal mirrors. Wow, looks like toyota plans on making a good looking car for teens, not just ugly cheep econo boxes with no power.

anyone catch they're offering 160 hp, and a dual panarama sunroof?

I couldn't ask for anything more than a mazda 3, but i feel like i shoud wait and test this out b4 I make my decision.

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
I'm not crazy about it (don't like the profile) but, in general it looks good (exterior and interior), reminds me of an Infiniti G35. I like that it's actually a hatchback/coupe.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Per the press conf. it will be priced "well, WELL, under $20K" with an "affordable" TRD supercharger as an option. I'm guessing with the SC it will be around $21K. It should be pushing about 200HP. Can't see how this will be a loser.

I'm wondering if this caught Mazda off guard...Maybe we'll see a Mazdaspeed 3 sooner because of this?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
2900 lbs... that's about the weight of the MZ3, actually. (well, close to it. I think the MZ3 is on average 2850 or so)...

I like it :) If Toyota can keep the price of this car in the competitive range in the CDN market, I'll bite if the car handles like a dream.

But if its soft and mushy and crummy like the good 'ol 90 Corollas... well, guess I better buckle up in my MZ3 GX and kick some Scion butt!! 2.0 powahh!!! hehehehe

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
btw, what are the drive wheels? probably FWD, eh?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
USCMazda3 said:
dugrant153 said:
It's going to cost $18K. Did you expect AWD for that price? :wink:
See: Subaru Impreza TS. :) hehehehe

it's true, the TS is only about 18k or so in USD (And it has AWD)? it's about 23k CDN, which is not bad cuz it's already fully loaded. AND 4-wheel disk brakes also :)

Actually, I was hoping a RWD Scion or something. I know AWD would be a stretch, but how about some RWD cars?

·
Registered
272 Posts
dugrant153 said:
USCMazda3 said:
dugrant153 said:
It's going to cost $18K. Did you expect AWD for that price? :wink:
See: Subaru Impreza TS. :) hehehehe

it's true, the TS is only about 18k or so in USD (And it has AWD)? it's about 23k CDN, which is not bad cuz it's already fully loaded. AND 4-wheel disk brakes also :)

Actually, I was hoping a RWD Scion or something. I know AWD would be a stretch, but how about some RWD cars?
Just in our dreams, friends, just in our dreams. The Pontiac Solstice is due out in 2005 or 2006 and it has RWD and will be sold for under $20K. It is a small roadster, though, without much practicality.

The Subaru is a decent car and an AWD bargain for $18K, but the interior is horrible and the sophistication/level equipment and quality of equipment is not comparable to the tC or the Mazda 3. I would take either over the Subaru TS.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Scions are only sold in the US

Canada will get shafted!!!
I like the exterior, but the interior is nasty. IMO, the mazda 3 has functionality, interior and exterior qualities.

·
Registered
132 Posts
i got a close up picture of the seats and they look ultra comfortable
my wife saw one and now she wants it so we will see it when it gets here

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I'm not going to cross the border just to buy a car. I have more important things to do than spend my days buying + shopping forcars, etc. I'm glad it is not coming up here so I don't have to make that decision. THe tC is def a really really nice car.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts