Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 181 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yup. Chicago. I live in the city. Haven't yet seen another 3 on the road...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Chicagoian here! I just bought mine this weekend and I have yet to see one on the road.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dont forget about the deep south too(well deep south of IL) :), it may not be in chicagoland but a meet sometime in the summer would be nice.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mazda Rev-it-up has a stop in the burbs. April 17th and 18th, 7am to 6pm. Arlington Park, 2200 W. Euclid, Arlington Heights IL 60006. This is a huge horse-racing track. Its also pretty close to IKEA and to Woodfield Mall. I'm not sure I'd want to compete, but it would be a good place to meet other Chicagolanders on this board.

·
Registered
193 Posts
WAAAYYYY ahead of ya, prismglass, I signed up for Saturday April 17th in Group 7 at 9am... last year we got to drive 6's, this year we get 3's for the racetrack... definitely should be a good time...

I urge everyone to sign up, its so worth it... hope to see everyone there!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Out here in the burbs ive seen just one. Its a 5 door winning blue. Goes to my school, what a coincidence! Any "young" people in here, like teens, hey im not discriminating but just curious.
Nick 17m

·
Registered
272 Posts
I ordered my strato blue 5 door a couple of weeks ago, I figure late May early June delivery. Only seen one on the road around here, an orange sedan. I will likley be at rev-it-up on Sun 18th. I look forward to getting mine but have to sell my car in the mean time, a s/c 03 Corolla. I will be 27 in May

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got my Lava Orange Sedan. I live on the northwest side of Chicago. I have only seen one grey 3 by my school picking up some kid.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Another Chicago guy here (actually in the city on the north side)! For all of the Mazda 3's that they claim to be selling, I sure don't see many of them in the city. Seems like since I've been looking since this car came out, I've only seen 2 of them on the road around here. But, I'll keep my eyes open!

·
Registered
25 Posts
my 3 is one-week old today :D
northside chicago here, although you'll also see my 5-door WB in oakbrook during the day. only seen one other 3 on the road, and its the same 5-door WB model as mine :lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you are going to Rev-It-Up this weekend, put a "Mazda3forums.com" sign in your rear window with your username underneath. Try to park near someone else with a sign. I'm planning on stopping by to check things out early Saturday morning, but I'll only sign up to compete if there are open slots and I actually feel like it that day.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll be at Rev-It-Up in the afternoon on Sunday.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Went to rev-it-up on saturday... it was a blast... Sorry robin, drove up in my friend's 6, couldn't find any 3's with a mazda3forum sign on it...

Anyways, my first run was okay, got a 35.4... pro index was like 27 sec or something... my second run was a 34.2, didnt hit any cones both runs... the skills tests were fun, used up all available 6 runs... tried to test drive the 6 speed manual RX-8 but the line was way too long...

I also talked to the reps there about the bosal exhaust they had for the 3... i thought it sounded really good, not too loud at all... Of course I did have a helmet on...

Anyone else care to share their experience??? we lucked out on the weather, it was nice and sunny...

1 - 20 of 181 Posts