Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off, thank you to anyone who contributes to this. I bought one of these cheapo alarm systems from Ebay and hoped you guys and gals could help me install it. I've read the wiring diagrams and some of it makes sense while other parts don't. I'm thinking some terms could have two meanings like IGN, STR, or ON. Maybe they do and maybe they don't but some clarification would be much appreciated!

On my Diagarm it says i need to connect:

1.) Purple wire to "battery charging indicator wire or engine oil pressure indicator" (where is this wire and what colour is it?)
2.) Green wire to "handbrake" (this is the red/white wire (-) in drivers kick, right?)
3.) Orange wire to "foot brake SW" (is this the brake lights, RED/WHITE wire in Drivers kick?)
4.) Blue wire to "Door Pin/Door Trigger" (do i have to split this cord into 4 wires and attach all door triggers in the car? i.e BLACK/YELLOW, BLACK/BLUE, BLACK/ORANGE, BLACK/GREEN)
5.) Red wire to "Power window Output(-)" (I have no idea where to hook this up, is it needed?)
6.) Yellow/red wire to "RELAY" ( since mazda3's already come with the passive immobilizer, is this step really needed?"
7.) Grey wire to "Hood and trunk trigger (-)" ( I assume this is the BLACK/RED (-) LARGE JUNCTION BELOW GLOVEBOX ?)
8.) Pink wire to "Siren" (is there anyway to hook this up to the horn instead of a siren?, i prefer the OEM alarm sound)
9.) Brown wireS go the the "signal lights" (are these the Low Crr Pk Lights- BLACK/WHITE (-) at Light Switch?)
if so, Where is the "light switch"?
10.) Black wire to "GND of light" (can this just be hooked up to any ground or does it have to be the ground of the Light?
11.) Yellow to "STR" (I assume this is the GREY/BLACK (+) IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS right?)
12.) Blue to "ACC" (I assume this is the PINK/YELLOW (+) IN IGNITION SWITCH HARNESS right?)
13.) Brown to "ON" (i have no idea whre this goes, does it go to just 12v positive? or ignition wire???)
14.) Red wire to "+12v" (I assume this can go to any +12V? maybe somewhere in the steering column?)
15.) Green wire to "Air conditioner" (again, no idea where this wire goes)

Some additional details:
I have remote start and the directed 1100F module. Can anyone help me program that too? Does the above wiring diagram reflect the wires i need to isntall to get remote start working? I thought i had to hookup some wires to tachmoter and stuff like that.

Thank you everyone for helping, much appreciated!

*EDIT* as a reward to the person that helps me the most I can give $10 paypal to them. I know its not much but I suppose it's better than nothing.
The person who helps me the most i consider to have answered most, if not all my questions and first one to do so.

I hope this doesn't break any forum rules, if it does, I apologize in advance.

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reserved for winner!

BTW - I forgot to mention that the cutoff date to this is tentavily a week from today! So contest ends March 19th 07.
Good luck.

·
Registered
782 Posts
You're a brave person to try to attempt this yourself! It sounds like you've already started taking things apart and finding where some of the wiring is in your car, but personally, this isn't something that I would have the guts to do without clear circuit diagrams of your own car, not just a generic wiring diagram. Do you already have something like that, which is how you're identifying some of the wires already? Also, you're going to be tapping into some key systems like the ignition; make sure you take all the safety precautions to prevent shocking yourself or frying the electronics on your car! These DIY projects always take more time than expected the first time around, so make sure you have some alternative means of transportation if your car is all torn up and undriveable for awhile!

An important note: the color of each wire can be different from one car to another; I when I was installing a new horn the + signal wire to the horn was red/blue on my car, but I've seen pictures of others that were red/white or other combination. Unless you have a multimeter and know how to verify which wire does what on your car, I wouldn't base your install simply on wire colors! That's why for something like this, I'd be hesitant to rely just on what someone posts online, and instead try to find someone who has done this before who can actually work with you in person on your car.

Good luck to you! Hopefully some others will be able to actually help you out!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, forgot to mention

This of for a mazda3 thats why i posted here..i figured other mazda owners might know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
782 Posts
What I meant was that even between one mazda 3 to another, you can have differences in wire color, that's why you don't want to just rely on color when you're starting to cut into the wiring. The color can help, but you'll want to have some other way to test the wire to make sure that it's the right one before you start cutting and connecting anything.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay,

Would 06 mazda3 GS sedan help?
I found the wire codes online at some car place...i forget where but it doesn't list the purple wire (engine oil one)

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts