21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
[quote author=corwest link=topic=112199.msg2329973#msg2329973 date=1211331297]
I like the beep that Subaru's make when you lock there doors, just a suggestion
[/quote]

+10000

if i can't get that tone, is there any way i can get some sort of "silent" arm mode?

my alarm is weird. if i push the button once, there will be a short honk and if i press again it honks a little longer. :x kinda annoying

·
Registered
16 Posts
Some 3s do have OEM alarms, mine does and also has the inmobilizer. What mine doesnt do is send signal to the horns when the alarm is activated or deactivated. I want that so I dont have to see the lights coming on and off to confirm the alarm is activated, I just want to get down and walk away just to confirm the lock function with the sound.

If anyone knows how to do this please tell me.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I think the reason for the honk on the second press of the button is a confirmation. It's a "yes, you have already hit the button once and the car is locked".

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm really "over" the horn sounding when I set the stock alarm. I'm wondering if splicing into the line adding a normally off relay, and adding some sort of tone generator would screw up the alarm?
Correct me if wrong , but you can delete the chirp when arming the alarm - theres a factory horn delete pathway in the owners manual -

21 - 24 of 24 Posts