Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm really "over" the horn sounding when I set the stock alarm. I'm wondering if splicing into the line adding a normally off relay, and adding some sort of tone generator would screw up the alarm?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
unless you got something added on at the dealership, the car doesn't come stock with an alarm. it's an anti-theft device(blinking light).

·
Registered
16,618 Posts
If you find a solution it would be great. I hate the sound of the horn honking when I double click the remote.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awe crap! I forgot no alarm!! Cool all I need now is to find the right tone. Hummmm off the "the interwebs"

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
[quote author=BLACK MZ3 link=topic=112199.msg2324262#msg2324262 date=1211158432]
unless you got something added on at the dealership, the car doesn't come stock with an alarm. it's an anti-theft device(blinking light).
[/quote]

I've set mine off before...

[quote author=danielj link=topic=112199.msg2324305#msg2324305 date=1211159841]
If you find a solution it would be great. I hate the sound of the horn honking when I double click the remote.
[/quote]

Don't double click the remote?

·
Registered
31,080 Posts
the first click just blinks the lights to confirm lock, second click gives an audible signal (horn).

why don't you just click it once?

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
[quote author=TEXNTHREE link=topic=112199.msg2325377#msg2325377 date=1211213266]
[/quote]

then you pressed the panic button because the stock anti-theft device doesn't just go off like an alarm.

·
Registered
9,388 Posts
jesus christ, it's neither on or off. the anti-theft device is the chip in your key and the ignition. without the programmed key, your car won't start. it's an engine immobilizer.

the flashing red light on your dash is just a theft deterrent to make "would be" vandals think twice about breaking in as the car MIGHT have a real alarm system.

·
Registered
15 Posts
[quote author=BLACK MZ3 link=topic=112199.msg2327564#msg2327564 date=1211255287]
jesus christ, it's neither on or off. the anti-theft device is the chip in your key and the ignition. without the programmed key, your car won't start. it's an engine immobilizer.

the flashing red light on your dash is just a theft deterrent to make "would be" vandals think twice about breaking in as the car MIGHT have a real alarm system.
[/quote]

Errr... not quite true. *Your* 3 may not have an OEM alarm, but some do (like mine - and yes, it's a stock alarm, not after-market).

From the dealer, my 3 ('05 sedan) had both an engine immobilizer and an alarm. Since then, I have also had a shock sensor (OEM) added to my alarm (along with the door lock fix).

Here's how you can tell if you have an alarm: Sit in your 3 without the key in the ignition. Close the door. Hit the lock button on your remote. Pull the door handle from inside the car. Is your horn honking? Are your lights flashing? Then you have an alarm.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
[quote author=BLACK MZ3 link=topic=112199.msg2326699#msg2326699 date=1211239390]
[quote author=TEXNTHREE link=topic=112199.msg2325377#msg2325377 date=1211213266]
[/quote]

then you pressed the panic button because the stock anti-theft device doesn't just go off like an alarm.
[/quote]

NO! Not with the panic button, by opening the car from inside when the car had been locked via the remote. Not sure why I did it either...

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
[quote author=3-monkey link=topic=112199.msg2328106#msg2328106 date=1211290805]
[quote author=BLACK MZ3 link=topic=112199.msg2327564#msg2327564 date=1211255287]

[/quote]

Errr... not quite true. *Your* 3 may not have an OEM alarm, but some do (like mine - and yes, it's a stock alarm, not after-market).

From the dealer, my 3 ('05 sedan) had both an engine immobilizer and an alarm. Since then, I have also had a shock sensor (OEM) added to my alarm (along with the door lock fix).

Here's how you can tell if you have an alarm: Sit in your 3 without the key in the ignition. Close the door. Hit the lock button on your remote. Pull the door handle from inside the car. Is your horn honking? Are your lights flashing? Then you have an alarm.
[/quote]

Exactly. And on the window sticker, which I still have, it says there is an alarm and engine immobilizer.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I like the hydraulic locks that Mercedes has and the nice sound they make when they pop up. It's like popping open a bottle. psshhhthumpthumpthumpthump (4 locks)

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I just hate that when you lock the doors it honks so dam loud. I dont mind the honk noise but a little more quiet would be better.

A beep would be nice when opening the doors and locking though. Like the beemers

1 - 20 of 24 Posts