Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Mazda3 have a red LED if the car is equipped with an alarms system?
Does this red LED blink? Any picture?

·
Registered
238 Posts
there is a red LED directly behind the steering wheel that comes with the alarm system.

and yeah.......it blinks
unfortunately......i dont have any pics of it rite now.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
NOTE: U.S. models do not come with the alarm system, just the disabler and keyless entry. Alarms are an accessory available after purchase from the dealer, however.

·
Registered
238 Posts
hmm......yeah.......actually.......now that i think about it.......my alarm system was just an added accessory

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
US models don't come with alarms standard, but there is a blinking LED on the dash with a key and door which represents the active engine immobilizer.

·
Registered
267 Posts
for the sedan the alarm is only on the GT. Can't remember if you need GFX too, to get the alarm... Anyways... I have it.

It sucks though... no shock sensors. Just door sensor and I dunno what it sounds like.. probably just the horn. I can't set it off unless I break in since unlocking the door with the key disables it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
usually stock immobilizer are hard to jack, since its programmed in the ECU of your car and not like after market ones which it can probably be bypassed.

do what i did in my VW, i got two alarms!
the stock one activates: tirggers the immobilizer/door.
the aftermarket activates: shock sensor/door. one remote and activates all!

P.S. my aftermarket alarm also tells me if the alarm's been triggered or not when unlocking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts