Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how the alarm light on the the GT (Canada) should function? If the car is locked and armed, should the light on the insturment panel be on, off, or flashing. I am finding that when I turn off the car, the alarm light (red car) begins to flash. Once I leave the car and lock and arm, the light goes off. Is the correct?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
that light on the dash shows that the key is still in the car

·
Registered
327 Posts
So guys is there a light in the car at all then that indicates the alarm is on?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Yes, its a symbol of a car with a key in it.

It flashes anytime, except when the car is running.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK..so as soon as I put my key in the ignition, the light should stop flashing. At all other times it should be flashing? So when I leave the car, hit the keyless 2x so the horn beeps, I should still see the light flashing?

Thanks

PS Am I correct in that pressing lock on the keyless once locks the car, the second time the horn beeps and it is armed?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Pressing the lock button once locks and arms the alarm. Pressing twice sounds the horn, which confirms that it's already locked and armed.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I don't know if you guys know what he is saying, I do, he means like on other cars like Camry, luxury cars, etc. when you turn on the security system, do u see a blinking light, u know blue or red etc.?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Yes. Most cars that have an immobilizer have a blinking light of some sort.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok..so when should the light be on? When the car is locked and armed or when it is opened and unarmed?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
The light will be on as soon as you stop and remove your key from the ignition. That you arm the system by locking the car after as no bearing on that light flashing.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I don't know, we don't have alarms here in the US (well, not standard). But we do have the immobilizer - which is effective as long as the car is not turned on.

Pressing the key once would flash the lights, pushing twice would honk the horn.

You can also push and get no lights or horn - this means that a door is ajar.

(I've always wanted a reason to use that word!)

EDIT: Bear in mind, this does NOT mean the alarm is set - just that the doors are locked. The flashing light is a simple deturent.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Ah, that sounds good. Ok I'm not worried anymore.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts