Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went down to the dealer today to pick up my Mz3 sedan and the sales manager says 'we have a problem.'

The price that I was quoted (and signed on) was too low, he said, and their finance person made a mistake with the numbers. So, I'm getting ready to ask for my deposit back and we find out why we're having this problem.

The sales rep wrote down the code wrong and they ordered a SPORT. Got everything else right, GT, GFX, 5 speed but in the wagon. Now the wagon is a fine car, but I really love the look of the sedan.

So that fixes the money issue and the manager is trying to track one down in town so he can have it delivered to me today. While he's doing that, I wonder through the lot and find a GT sedan, five speed & GFX but in cloth rather than leather. The reason I decided for leather, is I'm not a big fan of the two tone interiors. But after sitting in it for a few minutes I started to like it more and more.

Long story short, I took the cloth interior and drove off the lot in an hour. And the dealer through in the X-box package for me - even though I signed the papers before the promotionl started. (not to mention saving over 1K for the leather)

I've driven 100 KM on it already and I think the best way to describe the Mz3 is balanced. There's not a car on the road that can match the Mz3's acceleration, handling and refinement for the same amount of money. The closest car I drove was the Jetta GLI - but that's 10 grand more!! (The GLI wins in accleration - it's a V6; Mz3 in handling - not even close; the refinement was even; and did I mention the Jetta was 10 grand more?)

The the two tone seats are growing on me.

no pics - sorry - no camera. (it's just like my avatar though)

PS. anyone want to buy an X-box???

EDIT: Topic renamed to show model/trim

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Congrats, and it is funny how a dealer mistake actually SAVED you money :) I can imagine the range of emotions you went through in that hour or so, before you finally drove off the lot.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It was West Coast in Port Moody.

They did the math fine, not so much with the model code. FYI... D5#### is the sport; D4#### is the sedan.

I'll give them credit for being honest with their mistake and keeping me happy.

All in all, I think everything worked out for the best. I'm relly enjoying the cloth interior.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I was wondering what was taking you so long. I ordered my car on Sunday Nov30th (the same day you ordered yours, I believe). My car was the exact same as yours... GT Sedan w/ GFX and leather. 6disc changer is an accessory the dealers install. I got mine within the week (on the the Friday). I was wondering where you'res was. But since you posted on here, I called my dealer and made sure I got mine first. tee hee. Sorry. I said to my dealer "Hey!! Make sure you get this fast because I hear a lot of people in town want the same car!". lol.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
D said:
I was wondering what was taking you so long.
I ordered mine the day before you (a Saurday) and they called me Wednesday to say it was ready. I was expecting January delivery so I wasn't ready and had to spend some time getting the money arranged.

If had gone in right away I would have been pissed. They would've had the wrong car and the one I ended up getting wouldn't have been on the lot.

It's all good now. :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts