Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen any mention of what airbag options are available in Canada, other than the standard two-stage front ones. Will side and curtain bags be available as in other regions?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
From my understanding the answer is: NO.

No airbags, no Stability+Traction Control, no HIDs, no NAV.

Check mazda.ca - some of their info is wrong, but it gives you a good idea nevertheless

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick answer dinu01.

See, now that just pisses me off; thank you Mazda Canada, for putting less value on my life than those of people in the US, Europe and Asia. I understand that they want to keep the MSRP down, with Canadian disposable income being lower on average than the US, but they give me the option of dropping cdn$1700 to swathe my car in dead cow and chop a hole in the roof, but not for curtain airbags to keep my head from exiting the car via the side window if I get T-boned. If Ford can manage to offer them on the Focus, why not Mazda?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Don't know why SAB/SAC is not for us. I'm still deciding whether to get the GS w/Sport Package and Power Package or the GT... It's all about the $$$.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
fistos said:
I think ill go with the GX myself, plus A/C.

No differences between GX and GS, besides the options you can get.
I'm considering that myself too.
Hoping that the money I save will go to mods.

·
Registered
155 Posts
dinu01 so you saying a fully loaded MZ3 won't have side airbags or curtains? And btw. off topic. will we get two tone (black/blue) interior in Canada?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Dru212702 said:
dinu01 so you saying a fully loaded MZ3 won't have side airbags or curtains? And btw. off topic. will we get two tone (black/blue) interior in Canada?
http://www.mazdamp3.com/vbb230/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35015

to answer your second question, I believe we're getting the black/blue interior (two-tone). GX people (which might include myself) get one-tone, I think.

as for MZ3 not having side airbags, I believe that is true. dinu01?

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Correct guys! I would spend $500 on SAB/SAC but if they don't offer it.... I'd rather have this over NAV, HIDs, etc. We're not getting them but just as an example.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Very true. The Civic and Corolla won't have a safety advantage so those typical conservative safety-first before handling type of H/T buyers could help boost sales.

·
Registered
155 Posts
yup. especially all those dads buying their teeny daughters a new car. Or in my case my dad helping me pay (19 M) for my future car lol

btw (H/T) buyers?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts