Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my airbag light just came on today. Does anybody know what may have caused it or any fixes. Will the dealer fix this since i'm over my 36,000 warranty.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Unless you've got access to a scan tool to see if you can pull any codes, the problem could be anything from a loose connection to the airbag controller module going bad. It would be safest to take the car to the dealer than try to fix it yourself, due to the sensitive nature of the airbag system and the risk of accidental deployment.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh I was going to the store and had stuff on the seat,but when I came back out I had nothing on the seat and it came on. I'm going to see the dealer this week sometime.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Wait, which airbag light is on? The one in the instrument cluster (by the speedo), or the one in the center console (by the lighter socket)?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one in the instrument cluster

·
Registered
2 Posts
That light will come on if anything triggers the sensor... On my car (the light by the shift knob) the bulb is burnt out, which triggered the light on the dash to come on... So it could be something as simple as that.

·
Registered
154 Posts
You will have to check with the dealer, but I believe that air bag warranties are longer lived than the rest of the car--perhaps as long as the engine/drive train warranty.

·
Registered
78 Posts
[quote author=gunner429 link=topic=177070.msg3742682#msg3742682 date=1280267701]
So my airbag light just came on today. Does anybody know what may have caused it or any fixes. Will the dealer fix this since i'm over my 36,000 warranty.
[/quote]

i have an 04 mazda 3 hatch with 75k miles. my airbag light went on and
it was diagnosed as faulty passenger seat pretensioner, and recalibration
of the seat weight sensor. big bucks and not covered under warrenty.
good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've Mazda 3 year 2004 , never had an accident but the airbag light turned on... How can turn it off

1 - 10 of 10 Posts