Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note to admin: First post, sorry if it is not in the proper forum.

I recently purchased my 2009 Mazda 3 with ~80,000 miles on it about 7 weeks ago. I recently noticed the airbag light. Initially I thought it had something to do with the airbag weight "sensor" disabling the passenger airbag since no weight was in the seat. I was later explained it meant their was an actual issue with my airbag system.

I finally found an autobody shop that could tell me the codes linked to the airbag light. The codes are:

U2064 Warning requested by control module
B1013 Occupant system calibration fault
B2232 Airbag circuit open loop #2 drivers side

I have no idea what these codes mean, and the Mazda dealership is telling me this might be expensive. I'm rather pissed since I just bought the thing, but it was my mistake to buy it "as is." I'm hoping anybody can shed some light on this and how expensive this might get. Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
123 Posts
as far as i can remember i had a drivers air bag problem and had to replace the clock spring between the wheel and the hub (i dont remember the exact fault codes). it looks like this and it is an avarage cost repair if this is your problem. https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...D232y64ePnzAtR5DKNTwMZkORs1YaHpV0T7DGh4S_FVbA
i hope its not your srs module since it will be a very expensive repair. it will need some trouble shhoting to locate the problem so you better leave the dealership to locate the problem and then you can deside what are the options.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Kapazo, I'm taking it into tomorrow. I've heard the clockspring is pretty common and I hope that's it if at all. We'll see what the Mazda techs at the stealership say tomorrow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Well, I just had the Mazda dealership look at this. But now they're saying that after doing the initial diagnoses, they're asking me to pay for a deeper inspection on the steering wheel and passenger seat! Dealership I bought the car from won't do a thing, so I'm stuck solving this myself.
This is the initial diagnoses they gave me. Can anyone make sense of it? Any help at all would be appreciated.

·
Registered
123 Posts
There is a high chance its the clock spring .you can download mazda 3 work shop manual in order to help you remove and check the clock spring if you feel confident you can make it your self. Be sure to disconnect the battery first and treat air bag with care.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is correct, Mazda dealership said it is the clock spring. I'm going to have them do it for a few hundred dollars since I have no mechanical experience or know-how.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
No, you won't fail emissions because the airbag light is on, its unrelated. You might however fail safety if they are strict enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Note to admin: First post, sorry if it is not in the proper forum.

I recently purchased my 2009 Mazda 3 with ~80,000 miles on it about 7 weeks ago. I recently noticed the airbag light. Initially I thought it had something to do with the airbag weight "sensor" disabling the passenger airbag since no weight was in the seat. I was later explained it meant their was an actual issue with my airbag system.

I finally found an autobody shop that could tell me the codes linked to the airbag light. The codes are:

U2064 Warning requested by control module
B1013 Occupant system calibration fault
B2232 Airbag circuit open loop #2 drivers side

I have no idea what these codes mean, and the Mazda dealership is telling me this might be expensive. I'm rather pissed since I just bought the thing, but it was my mistake to buy it "as is." I'm hoping anybody can shed some light on this and how expensive this might get. Thank you for your help!
Did your horn stop working when you had trouble with your clock spring?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts