Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went to the California International Auto Show, today actually haha...sorry guys no cam :( but I saw the Mazda3 IN PERSON!!!! ...It was beautiful...its everything that we've all been dreaming about...exceeded my expectations for that matter...BUT...hold the phone...

I also saw the Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart, man o man...its like the little brother of the Evo...VERY VERY enticing...they are in the same class, both compact cars...though the ralliart has a tad bit more room in the rear....but the 3 has more trunk space..and looks more elegant...
Ralliart is pushing 162/162 hp/tq....while our 3 is 160/150....i like the styling of both cars...though the ralliart is much more 'ricey'....they are price at around the same also...

I don't know guys hahaa...that ralliart is growing on me :( HELP! haha...they seem to be two great cars...of course I would need to test drive both...and knowing me...i'm going to want to mod these cars...

although this IS a mazda3 forum...and most of us are biased towards it already...anyone wanna make up an argument against the ralliart? its one of those days that a guy needs reassurance haha :) thanks all!!!...

oh btw...the 3 that i looked at looked exactly like that titanium grey...black leather...a few knobs were unattached ...but the gauges looked awesome..but sadly the car wasnt turned on...i spent a good hour looking at that...and about 45 mins with the ralliart...decisions decisions..

·
Registered
984 Posts
Mitsubishi=Chrysler.

'nuff said.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chrysler=mercedes? or no? haha

·
Registered
984 Posts
well, technically, yes...however, Chrysler has lost their image...they're going for upscale luxury, but they do not have anythign that sets them apart from everyone else. Plus, who wants to drive a car like Celine Dion?

·
Registered
155 Posts
lol. Celine Dion...anyways how about some real answers? I'm interested as well. although I'm not sure if I like the styling of the lancer...haven't seen it yet the ralliart I mean

·
Registered
172 Posts
schulkw said:
Mitsubishi=Chrysler.

'nuff said.
Mazda = Ford

Anyways, Chrysler is a quality product in most cases, especially new crossfire since it uses all mercedes benz's parts. Ford can make quality parts too.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it looks 'good' meaning it probably wont appeal to everyone...its like a toned down verision of the evolution 8...its a tad bit more powerful than the six...and ive read some reviews that it handles just as well as the ford focus svt and mazdaspeed protege..

·
Registered
172 Posts
You mean its more powerful than MZ3?

Yea, ralliart is good choice for a car too. IT should give MZ3 some competition in performance. Heck, it might be even quicker. But styling of interior goes to MZ3 for sure.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well hey I just noticed that sedan version of MZ3 2.3L weighs only at 2750 lbs. I have seen some car magazines estimated 2950 lbs. which scared me a bit. If edmunds is correct, then MZ3 will be a bullet. But then again, ralliart might be light as well. HAHA. It should be very close race.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well since im gettin auto...hahaa the mz3 is 2867...while the ralliart is 2887...for automatics mind u ....the mz3 comes with the sport auto...while ralliart comes with the traditional 4speed auto..very close race indeed...

·
Registered
172 Posts
funkyfreshmonke said:
well since im gettin auto...hahaa the mz3 is 2867...while the ralliart is 2887...for automatics mind u ....the mz3 comes with the sport auto...while ralliart comes with the traditional 4speed auto..very close race indeed...
hehe. I dont need a car right now, but when I do and if MZ3 is my choice I am going for auto as well. Interior in MZ3 is just awesome. It's even better than MZ6's. And having sport shiftable-AT in compact car is just awesome. And I would get sedan instead of hatchback.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep the sedan i saw today...woo...so gorgeous...haha i was MAD..cuz i got htere early..and htey wouldnt let the public sit in it yet...had to wait an hour :(...but once i heard it was open ran over there and i hogged it like jordan on the bulls...

as far as the cockpit...its beautiful...great space up in front...controls are easy to find...the gagues are wonderful...damn i wish i would have brought a camera....:(...but take myw ord for it...the dash is perfect...seats are comfy...leather is nice...

the back is acceptable...it is after all a compact..but a trip to disneyland wouldnt be bad at all in that car...even to san diego...(disney is 1 1/2 from me while daygo is 3 hr)...a trip to vegas... haha 4 full size adults would fit fine...

i must say...i think they should have picked winning blue to show...the sporthatch...wasnt on display...it was rasied about 20 feet up in the air..allowing people to see the underbelly ...

·
Registered
155 Posts
yeah. well about the lancer. I'd rather have a more "classy car" for example. I personally would rather have a like G35 coupe or Nissan 350Z instead of the WRX Sti or Lancer EVO VII or is it VIII?
sure it isn't as fast...but its definitely fast enough...and has a relatively nicer interior. Although I would always love to drive a WRX Sti or EVO....I wouldn't buy one.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yea i understand you dru =)...and its the VIII =D..

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
We'll see how the prices are.
That'll be my big indicator.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well...according to mitsubishi...for about 20,477 you can get the ralliart with the sound system (315 watt infinity system) and moonroof....these dont come with leather..but a two tone seat sorta like the 3's ...now for about 22500, you can get a fully loaded 3...

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
They work out to be the same price actually.
Or just about...

1 - 20 of 42 Posts