Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I go to Crutchfield and have them do the install (I cannot do) for new speaakers, tweeters, and add an amp (keep the HU), would I be able to get a good upgrade on the speakers and a good amp for a total of $700?

Thanks.

Kevin

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Crutchfield does installs? New news to me..

Anyhow, Ill look up some products for you. Purchase all the electronics over the net and get it installed at your local shop.

Give me a few... Ill look up some stuff.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
For amps - I recommend the following:

Hifonics Zeus Series
Phoenix Gold Octane 8.0:4/Octane R Series (same one I got)
Precision Power PCX Series
Soundstream Picasso Series

I have personally installed all the above and highly recommend them. If you rather spend a little more, you can buy the bigger versions of all those amps. Best deal, IMO, is the Phoenix. Yeah, they kinda look ricey (ha!) but they put out a deal of power.

For front speakers:

Diamond Audio M Series
Infinity 605CS/Reference series (if i remember correctly it was)
CDT cL61, 6.5" (same as I got, other from this company very expensive)
Kicker K Series
Crystal CP series
MB quart PSD series (a litle expensive, but sounds good)

At this time, best for the money is the CDT. I used to install them all the time, but stayed away from them because of expense. All the others listed are awesome for the money. Best overall sound did come from the Crystal's. Ive noticed they have dropped in price a bit.

Best sites to check out:

www.sounddomain.com
www.nexxon.com
www.millionbuy.com
www.ikesound.com
www.thezeb.com

Most of the amps listed are about $250 avg. The front components are $125~200 avg. Rears are your choice. You could go components, but there is no stock tweeter location. Ive opted for coxials in the rear. If thats your plan, they are $60~125 for a good set. Prices are based on 6.5".. so they will be cheaper if you go with 5 1/4".

You will spend about $435~575 in equipment alone. That leaves about $125~265 for install.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts