Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
While technically anything changed on your car could void a warranty. In reality, they have to prove that the specific change directly caused whatever problem it is you have. So, in the case of tires. Make sure your offsets allow for enough room for no rubbing. Make sure they're large enough for your breaks. I suppose if you came in with racing slicks they may try and say you were racing the car. Which could be a cause for voiding engine and drive train warranty. Really, I've never heard of anyone voiding their warranty by changing the stock rims or tires.

· Registered
2,841 Posts
The only thing that I have ever seen is my buddy had his wheel bearings burn up in only 10,000-15,000 miles. He had wheels with a much lower offset on his truck (4x4, with huge wheels/tires that stuck out past the fenders) and his dealer voided his warranty because the wheels "Put more stress on the bearings then was designed by Dodge". It cost him about $1,000, and he also installed different wheels and tires. He's been problem free for the last couple of years.

Darryl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.