Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is a shop in rockville MD. Automotive Essentials. They install after market sunroof's (webasto)

I've been strongly considering one in my speed 3. They'll do it for $999.99 installed, but if there are 3-4 of us he said he'd take $100 off. I doubt 3-4 of you will want to spend $1k on a sunroof but hey maybe :)

He also said he would not install it if the speed3 actually has extra roof braces.

-matt

·
Registered
22 Posts
Try Bay Country Upholstery in Annapolis, MD. I can't remember what their prices for Webasto's are but I'm pretty sure they are competitive.

Also...don't really understand why they won't install if there are extra roof braces. Unless it's just too difficult for them. Most sunroofs and Webasto in particular are designed to be part of the car structurally. I've installed quite a few of these moonroofs and never had a problem with extra reinforcement...besides the fact that they are just generally a pain in the ass to work around. The only time I couldn't install a sunroof was due to a large curvature in the roof.

Anyways...hope that helps.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does help a lot - thanks!

-Matt

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=bearda link=topic=73767.msg1322310#msg1322310 date=1176149842]
Is he looking for 3-4 Speed3s, 3-4 hatches, or 3-4 Mazda3s in general? I have next to no chance of getting $900 past my wife (as much as I'd like a sunroof), but I'm curious...
[/quote]

3-4 cars...doesn't have to be mazda's or speeds or whatever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.