Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed an aftermarket remote starter in their 3? I had one in my old car (a 1999 Oldsmobile) and had it taken out hoping to put it into my 3. I told the dealer about this and said that the aftermarket remote starter may mess up the electronics in the MZ3 because of the OBD-III computer. The guy at the installer said it should be fine regardless of the computer.

I'm not sure who to believe...the dealer who was probably trying to get me to buy an OEM starter or the guy at the install place trying to make money off of a remote starter install?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I had an oem remote start when I purchased my 2008 3 but had it removed soon after because
of issues with it. I had the audiovox prestige starter installed but had some problems with initial
install. Two trips back to the installer and it's finally good to go. One quirk though, when you press the unlock button once all doors will unlock. My factory remotes however work still and I just keep those
on me also. (Apparently there is no way to program the prestige remote to unlock all doors with 2 presses
due to computer on mazda 3)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts