Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do yall think they are goin to make aftermarket performance parts for the "3" just like how Duratec Performance is already on the drawing board with the Mazda 6?

·
Registered
14,337 Posts
Absolutely. DP itself will probably work on some, I'm sure.

The 3 is even more in the segment of the market where people add parts to them, so I'd expect to see even more companies looking at it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to chime in here and say that we will have parts out for the Mazda3 within months of its release here in Southern California. I know that last year we were saying we would have all these parts out for the Mazda6, but we have had some problems finding donor cars to test and develop parts on.

Hopefully we wont have the same problem with the Mazda3. If we are able to get a Mazda3 into our facility in October/November etc...I see no reason why we wouldnt be able to have parts out for the car in January, and maybe even for Christmas.

The list of parts we make for the Mazda3 will be the same we have for the Mazda6.. Cold Air Intake, Cat Back Exhaust, Header, etc, etc... The best thing that could happen to us is for Mazda or a local Mazda dealership to loan us a car for 30 days. This will give us enough time to make all of the parts we want.

I am going to call a Mazda rep today and speak with them about the possibility of getting a "test" car. These would be the same cars the magazines get to use for all of their testing. I figure when R&T or C&D is done with it, they can just drop it off at our shop! :)

Nikolas

·
Registered
172 Posts
Supercharger for M3 that boosts 2.3L engine to like 200 HP and 200 ft.lbs. would be amazing. Especially when the car weights around 2900 lbs.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Personally I'm past the rice boy stage in my life. My STOCK 2001 Protege handles better than dropped Civics with with coffee can mufflers, blue lights and 20lbs of stickers.

·
Registered
35 Posts
dinu01 said:
Personally I'm past the rice boy stage in my life. My STOCK 2001 Protege handles better than dropped Civics with with coffee can mufflers, blue lights and 20lbs of stickers.
yeah but those stickers mean you they got m4d p0w3r yo!!

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
97protege said:
dinu01 said:
yeah but those stickers mean you they got m4d p0w3r yo!!
Tru dat! But yellow means speed and nothing says speed like a door with a yellow "Type R" sticker on it. That's some stylz yo!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Its the gutted out hatch civics with the GSR/TypeR engine swap to watch out for. www.importlounge.com If you go to the Media section under Video you will find a 1/4 mile race with a white hatch civic. This is my friend's Hybrid hatch that blew my doors off.

·
Registered
94 Posts
If you're looking for performance parts, I say make sure to get the 2,3l engine, it shouldn't be too hard to take mods for the mazda6 I-4 and use them on the 3. And already having parts for the 6 will help companies make simple adaptations to them fit fit the 3. Hey, isn;t the 2.3L supposed to be uned in the focus sometime down the road... i seem to rememebr that. You can bet if they do, then there is no stopping the aftermarket.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yup.. The 2.3L Duratec is used in the 2003 Focus PZEV. In the 2004 Focus, the 2.3L engine will be an option you can upgrade to, and standard on models like the ZTS Focus.

I expect the layout of the engine bay on the 3 to be identical to that of the 6. Sometime before the new year, we intend to remove the stock exhaust manifold from the Mazda6i we own to see how similar it is to the 4-1 header we have made for the Focus 2.3L. Knowing Ford and Mazda.. Im sure we will need to make minor changes to our design to make it work on the Mazda6 and Mazda3. Either way though, we already have a functioning 4-1 Header for the 2.3L engine, now it is just a matter of making it work on the 6 and 3.

Nikolas

1 - 20 of 40 Posts