Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to go for an aftermarket head unit to free up the space where the factory unit is for a carputer LCD screen. Does anyone know of any kenwood/alpine/clarion models that blend in well with the piano black and black interior? Most head units look like robots, which is cool and all, but they definiteyl don't blend in well with the rest of the interior. Obviously screen color should match the interior red lighting, but also looking for something that blends in with the trim.

This has a nice sleek glossy look that I like, except its blue OLED. http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2009/audio/source_units/bluetooth_usb/FZ409/us-en-product-pf_1172409026870.html

Anybody got any advice?

·
Registered
930 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Not a problem. As long as you don't need a CD player its great. I just use my iPod with it and it keeps me happy.

·
Registered
229 Posts
i've been trying to find a good setup myself,
but been conflicted about if i jus wanna swap out the stock navi system n hav a pc hooked up to the screen?

lack of funds n know how might lead me to jus keep it simple but my main source of music is usb flash drives.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Most if not all single dins don't match well with Mazda interior's purely based on size, Mazda has big honking radios and Double-Din looks best. But if I was to go with a single-din for max space it would be something like this

·
Registered
930 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
my alpine CDE-9881 is the best radio i have ever owned and i have had it in 3 cars now. it just so happend to have a blue and red lighting pattern to it.

·
Registered
930 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts

found a pic. it has since been discontinued but you may be able to find it still on ebay. the audio tuning controls are great and you can even control sub output via the head unit (like a wired amp remote)

·
Registered
229 Posts
[quote author=MonkikiMazda3 link=topic=137079.msg2961307#msg2961307 date=1235599379]
[quote author=audiphile link=topic=137079.msg2961269#msg2961269 date=1235598037]
http://www.szwaywell.com/prod_dtl.asp?id=491
[/quote]

In that case:

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=129310.0

http://www.mazda3forums.com/index.php?topic=127380.0

If you want to go a different route for the carputer LCD screen there's always the flip up unit that goes where the OEM nav screen is...if you don't already have nav.
[/quote]

These r awesome!!!
i hav seen these b4 n they do fit like something from factory
but my dilemma is, what do u do if u hav factory navi???
2 screens might b a lil redundant n the flip up is too sweet to part with!
if i didn't hav factory navi, 1 of these wud hav been the 1st mod to my car

·
Registered
930 Posts
If the factory nav works without the deck then you could look into the Eonon unit since it doesn't come with nav. Dual screens never hurt anyone. ;)

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
[quote author=willmeyer link=topic=137079.msg2954082#msg2954082 date=1235339145]
I am going to go for an aftermarket head unit to free up the space where the factory unit is for a carputer LCD screen. Does anyone know of any kenwood/alpine/clarion models that blend in well with the piano black and black interior? Most head units look like robots, which is cool and all, but they definiteyl don't blend in well with the rest of the interior. Obviously screen color should match the interior red lighting, but also looking for something that blends in with the trim.

This has a nice sleek glossy look that I like, except its blue OLED. http://www.clarion.com/us/en/products/2009/audio/source_units/bluetooth_usb/FZ409/us-en-product-pf_1172409026870.html

Anybody got any advice?
[/quote]

get what i got.

·
Registered
229 Posts
[quote author=MonkikiMazda3 link=topic=137079.msg2962293#msg2962293 date=1235624123]
If the factory nav works without the deck then you could look into the Eonon unit since it doesn't come with nav. Dual screens never hurt anyone. ;)
[/quote]

Thanks i'll look into it.
dual screens never hurt but wat am i to do with the stock screen if the new 1 does evrything?
leave the stock navi n find an option for the new screen w/out navi, jus so the stock doesn't become useless?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Well if the nav works without the OEM deck then you can still use that for nav. If you go with the Eonon, which doesn't have GPS by default, then you can use it for everything else while the OEM nav keeps it's purpose. But I'm not sure about the OEM nav working without the OEM deck.

·
Registered
229 Posts
the OEM navi works off a dvd navi drive way down in the glove (only loads the navi disc tho, lol).
as far as i know evrything runs str8 from glove to screen with no pit stops at the audio controls, the navi controls r nex to the gear box.

·
Registered
930 Posts
There you go then. :) You're set to do some radio replacement.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts