Mazda3 Forums banner
41 - 60 of 1339 Posts

· Registered
3,916 Posts
Re: magnaflow exhaust (v. too loud)

I had the CAt-back Magnaflow set up also, and after about a month went and had a Magnaflow resonator put on. IT was WAY too lound for me too. It has a nice growl now.

· Registered
9,374 Posts
Re: question about catback exhaust... planning to put mazdaspeed CAT...

you need to cut it anywhere in the middle. it's not going to come out unless you do.

· Registered
35,320 Posts

the instructions will tell you where to cut.

there is 2 cuts....one near the rear axle and one after the 2nd cat.

· Registered
11,648 Posts

[quote author=brugg90 link=topic=75911.msg1368302#msg1368302 date=1177640046]
yeah, i hope my borla ends up being quieter than the magnaflow....what i had previously read, b/c its coming next week.
[/quote]

dude... borla is incredably quiet. i have a cat delete straight pipe on my borla and its still damn quiet. cruising with the music on like 6 i cant hear it at all.

· Registered
1,935 Posts

No cuts if you remove the lower rear control arm. Easy to do and keeps the unit for a spare.

· Registered
9,374 Posts

mazda 3 owners complain about the dumbest things.

· Registered
2,901 Posts

[quote author=chaos4 link=topic=73923.msg1371122#msg1371122 date=1177734439]
No cuts if you remove the lower rear control arm. Easy to do and keeps the unit for a spare.
[/quote]

Not much easier really, you need to cut the stock exhaust so you have something to slip the mazdaspeed over and clamp it onto. You cant exactly bolt up the stock one unless you have a bolt up exhaust, not a clamp type.

· Registered
142 Posts
'07 cai and exhaust

I'm going to be getting an '07 mz3 5dr in june or july and I have been looking around for after market parts and their don't seem to be many for '07 models. How long does it usually take to start seeing after market parts?

· Registered
9,374 Posts
Re: '07 cai and exhaust

they all fit...companies don't update their site as soon as the model year changes.

· Registered
2,901 Posts
Re: Vibrant Exhaust

[quote author=eurotuner link=topic=75889.msg1376383#msg1376383 date=1177973298]
oh yeah i mean deletes the stock cats.

i wonder how loud they are together.
[/quote]

I had the vibrant + thunder with the highflow, pretty damn loud, like almost as loud as catless. I doubt the brand a header would make any noticable difference in sound levels.

41 - 60 of 1339 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.