Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 1339 Posts

· Registered
661 Posts
no exhaust question

hi ive got my car rippd apart installing some engine parts, i know runing a 3 inch exhaust with a n/a engine you will lose alot of torque but im wondering if il run into any problems with no exhaust on rite now for a couple days while i do some things. im welding together my new exhaust rite now but i wont be able to get it done for a little, is the enging just guna b worthless below 4 thousand or am i going to have problems, with no exhaust???

· Registered
9,374 Posts
Re: no exhaust question

ur going to burn up your valves. don't do it.

· Registered
259 Posts
Re: MERGED: Exhaust Questions/Suggestions/Issues for noobies

Well, apparently I cant even touch my own exhaust system... Illinois state law prevents you from even removing your stock exhaust in order to put a louder one on there. And IL state law says you MUST have a muffler. I can't wait to move back to TX.

· Registered
10,290 Posts
Re: MERGED: Exhaust Questions/Suggestions/Issues for noobies

laws were created to be improvised upon.

in my province, if i get pulled over for having an aftermarket system that is too loud, i get a ticket in addition to the last place that inspected my vehicle.

it was a funny conversation at the dealership when my service manager was, in not so many words, basically trying to coax me in to getting my car inspected somewhere else since he didn't want a ticket down the line.

· Registered
2,337 Posts
Re: 07 owner looking for exhaust

[quote author=jm_fadd link=topic=73923.msg1332443#msg1332443 date=1176434035]
i dont know how good this is . . . but you cant complain about the price. . . kinda looks like the hks

http://mazda3online.web.aplus.net/product_info.php?cPath=281_22_68&products_id=673
[/quote]

Wow, I'd like to see that installed.

[quote author=thebeansoldier link=topic=73923.msg1315949#msg1315949 date=1175849015]
DC Sports? That's new! I wonder what it looks like....
[/quote]

+1

· Registered
375 Posts
Vibrant Exhaust

i have the vibrant exhaust on my 2007 and i was wondering if i cut out the resonator the exhaust comes with, would it just make it louder or would i actually see some gain??/

· Registered
375 Posts
Re: Vibrant Exhaust

i was considering doing so, but i have an o2 sensor right next to the high-flow cat...what would i do with it???

· Registered
13 Posts
Re: Vibrant Exhaust

[quote author=WetsuitxNinja link=topic=75889.msg1367802#msg1367802 date=1177626378]
Have a bung welded in on the race pipe and put it there. Also get your hiflow flanged and stock cat flanged to mate up with the exhaust so when emissions testing comes around you are covered.

[/quote]

Thats a sweet idea thanks

· Registered
208 Posts
question about catback exhaust... planning to put mazdaspeed CAT...

is it straight bolt on ? or do i need to cut it from the cat back ?

· Registered
3,719 Posts
magnaflow exhaust (v. too loud)

hey guys, ive had my magnaflow cat-back for about a year now, and its just too loud for me at highway speeds (75 mph and above) for it to be comfortable for me or passengers... any way to make the exhaust quieter or is the only solution to remove it? I like the 'fluidity' it gives my accelerator coupled with a CAI... so i would like to keep it for performance but i would like to quiet it down. Anything i can do?

21 - 40 of 1339 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.