Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
10,290 Posts
Re: MERGED: Exhaust Questions/Suggestions/Issues for noobies

laws were created to be improvised upon.

in my province, if i get pulled over for having an aftermarket system that is too loud, i get a ticket in addition to the last place that inspected my vehicle.

it was a funny conversation at the dealership when my service manager was, in not so many words, basically trying to coax me in to getting my car inspected somewhere else since he didn't want a ticket down the line.

· Registered
10,290 Posts
Re: corksport exhaust.

[quote author=BigTrucker link=topic=76905.msg1392692#msg1392692 date=1178593444]
any muffler shop will charge you 1-2 hours labor to put it on
[/quote]

1-2 hrs for a bolt-on?

· Registered
10,290 Posts
Re: Best Exhaust for the money???

i would honestly say that the best exhaust for the money is likely either getting a custom 2" or 2.25" exhaust done up or simply buying a mazdaspeed or magnaflow.

· Registered
10,290 Posts
Re: Best Exhaust for the money???

[quote author=eurotuner link=topic=77495.msg1410303#msg1410303 date=1179195969]
[quote author=biped link=topic=77495.msg1410202#msg1410202 date=1179194590]
then perhaps you should do some research.
[/quote]

you still havent answered me!
when and where was i supposed to "research".

it is easy to throw a smart ass comment like that.
[/quote]

i'm not making fun of you, just wondering why you copied a bunch of links that go nowhere. the other links are peachy-keen. don't worry about it.

· Registered
10,290 Posts
Re: mazdaspeed exhuast

mine feels very quick off the line compared to the 2.5" exhaust i came from. i added a 12" resonator in place of the second cat and this thing wails and growls when i want it to but is dead-silent on the highway. great mid-range.

perfect exhaust, imo.

· Registered
10,290 Posts
turn bass up.

mazdaspeed with 2.5" resonator in place of second cat. sorry about the length of the short video and the repost :eek:

i wish it was louder sometimes :(

i want a header but i keep telling myself other things are more important right now. i've got the ecv that i've yet to install but when the header goes in i want the compromise of sound reduction and noise when i want it.

· Registered
10,290 Posts
straight through = straight through

baffled = baffled... there's basically some angled material inside the piping to combat sound volume. works with the tone. lots of flowmasters, for example, have these.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.