Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 1339 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been lookin at exhaust for a very long time and seems like the only one i can find that sounds and looks ok is the DC sports exhaust. so i was wondering if any one can give me some thoughs about this exhaust and is it better to do ur own piping then stic on a muffler or no cus i heard good and bad thing about exhaust liike that...... thoughts?
http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/price/Mazda/3/DC_Sports/Exhaust/Exhaust_Systems

·
Registered
9,374 Posts
Re: need some advice on exhaust

HKS OWNS ALL!!

to answer your question, there is nothing wrong with going custom as long as you use quality material and it's mandrel bent.

it's much easier though to just buy one made for the car.

oh yeah,

HKS OWNS ALL!!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

corksport.com

·
Registered
593 Posts

I would recommend getting a stainless steel exhaust system.

·
Registered
67 Posts
07 owner looking for exhaust

Looking for an exhaust for my 2.3 07 sedan. I live in AZ so the emissions testing is fairly rigerous. Curious as to where I could find a reasonably priced exhaust (nothing to fancy, just a little more power, nicer sound). Also something that doesnt screw around with the cat converters as much. Just a basic exhaust upgrade from the stock. Anyone have any good suggestions?

·
Registered
7,764 Posts

mazdaspeed exhaust. clear tone, not too ricey, 100% legal, round 400-500$ tho. just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
593 Posts

[quote author=3driverPA link=topic=67349.msg1320470#msg1320470 date=1176080765]
mazdaspeed exhaust. clear tone, not too ricey, 100% legal, round 400-500$ tho. just my 2 cents.
[/quote]

Quite a few problems with them on this board.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Re: 07 owner looking for exhaust

Keeping the stock cat(s) is really going to limit the gains you get from an exhaust. If you are spending money expecting to feel a huge difference, you will be unhappy. If you are doing it for asthetic reasons, sound and look then you will be extremely happy.

The exhausts that keep the stock cat all seem to have an issue with something, either the welds crack (ms) clamps dont seal fully (ark) cant buy them anymore (draxas)

Dunno about autoexe or borla, havent seen many threads with complaints on them...

·
Registered
593 Posts

[quote author=Foam101 link=topic=74207.msg1326506#msg1326506 date=1176265043]
Just looking for something with a little nicer sound, I want my car to look like it goes fast =]
[/quote]

www.trubendz.com

·
Registered
6,618 Posts

as far as i know, only the newer California Mz3s are having fitment issues due to the new fuel tank layout.

·
Registered
171 Posts

borla is the way to go, sounds really really good and bolts on perfectly. if you have a sedan just have the shop add 1 inch right before the tip to make it flush w/ the bumper.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Merged: Exhaust questions/suggestions/issues

I know this sounds SUPER cheap and sleezy but has anyone just cut the stock muffler off and ran a pipe from the cat to the bumper? I want to do something, ANYTHING to the exhaust to give it a decent sound. But I have very little funds. What would it sound like? Would it be legal?

1 - 20 of 1339 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.