Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone;
I have a Mazda 3 (2004 sedan) and i have only the radio (I DON'T HAVE CD PLAYER OR 6 CD PLAYER DASH KIT). I want to buy a aftermarket cd changer (cheaper than cd changer from mazda dealer). Do you know some cd changers compatible with mazda 3? Anyone has an aftermarket cd changer on his mazda 3?
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Wow, I've never heard of a Mz3 stereo that didn't at least have a single disc CD. I second Andrew.... what country are you in?

Beyond that click the audio input link in my signature. One of the methods (Peripherals......etc) has a connector for several aftermarket CD changers. I can't remember the brands off the top of my head, but that should get you started.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi there!
I am from Russia. On cheap basic versions of M3 we also have only radio. I just solved the same problem you have. I think that there are several solutions for you:
1. If your car is 2003-2005 (to be more correct march of 2005) that you can buy CD module and install it together with your radio. AS far as I investigated the question it is doable.
2. If you have 2005 (march) and later date of production then you have single chasis radio and there are no way to upgrade it up to CD (or MP3) playey. You can replace it by used unit (in Russia I bought "used" - just renmoved from the brand new car where the happy owner replaced single CD with MP3 player for 150 bucks)
3. Aftermarket CD changer - Alpine CHA-S634. It is compatible with MAzda audio controls via adaptor (about extra 100$). It reads CD/CD-RW/MP3
4.Aftermarket universal CD/MP3 changer - JVC CHX-RF1500RF (or any other changer that is connected to HU via antenna input)
Sergey

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi.
My car is 2004.
In my country i don't find the adaptor for alpine cd changer.And a cd second hand (from another mazda 3) i don't find. I think i will buy it new from the dealer.
How you solved the problem?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well!
Adaptors for alpine are available through Ebay. Try to search. If you have 2004 model then I guess the easiest way is to buy just CD or CD/MP3 unit and upgrade your radio up to CD or CD/MP3 system. The only issue is money^))))
I solved my problem buying the whole Head Unit with CD player from a guy who works at DEaler center and sells on side units taken from brand new cars on which owners decided to change them on MP3 players. It cost me 150 US dollars.
Sergey

1 - 7 of 7 Posts