Mazda3 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
lol its not all lions and giraffes and shit?

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
[quote author=shadoweighs1ton link=topic=163835.msg3645974#msg3645974 date=1273026448]
lol its not all lions and giraffes and shit?
[/quote]

South Africa is different from Botswana

edit: thats a police car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok, so I am from Joburg, hell, I don't own a gun and dont sleep with lions. and the world cup will be here in 16 days!!

so I own a 2009 mazdaspeed 3, however here it's called the Mazda 3 MPS (mazda performance series)

Mods.
1. software
2. takeda Cai
3. turbosmart BOV
4. Custom FMIC
5. Defi Boost Gauge (racer series)
6.ATP long downpipe and exzhaust
7. COBB turbo inlet

and here are some pics.

Also I am the administer of the Mazda Owners Club in SA, you can check it out

www.mazdaownersclub.co.za

It's not big but it's growing :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote author=itstillruns link=topic=163835.msg3672336#msg3672336 date=1274823480]
do they come with those wheels stock?
[/quote]
These are RX8 wheels which i fixed up and had painted.

here is the engine bay, sorry, took the pic with phone quickly. Also I am running with GReddy NGK 1 step colder plugs.

and the FMIC

And these are the discs

And my best mod to date!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
[quote author=Kevin-Nigel link=topic=163835.msg3674537#msg3674537 date=1274945365]
Why do you have a regular 3 hatch spoiler instead of the mazdaspeed spoiler?
[/quote]

that's how they come out here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey, Africa has some nice rides.... it's not all bush out there :shock: anyways, I'm from Cape Town in South Africa, and I own the new MPS (as we call it here)... let me find some pics of my baby...

·
Premium Member
6,350 Posts
Strange, this thread got bumped but I don't see any new posts. Forum tells me there is a page 3, but when I click it I go back to page 2... hopefully when I post I can see it?
-edit-
nope, stuck on page 2. wtf...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can't speak for other African Countries, but here in Nigeria, Toyota and Honda rules.. Mazda is not very common beside the 626 and 323 which are mostly used for taxi services. It's very rare to spot a Mazda 3 (I barely see like 1 in a month in the wild) and the Mazda 6 is still a Unicorn here (though I have met people who reportedly own the mazda 6 I am yet to confirm such ownership) The problem is the Mazda Dealership for the country is just IMHO a front for some other business. I went to their Abuja branch and it felt like a grave yard of Mazda cars.. Not a single brand new mazda to be seen. I could not even get a headlight for the mazda 3.. Only thing they have in stuck is mazda oil filter. If we could have a robust and functional dealership here I am sure we would see more and more people use Mazdas.. Till then, few of us who move against the crowd can enjoy the uniqueness of owning a Mazda 3 (and suffer the consequence of finding parts)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts