Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I am looking for a unicorn or something. Maybe, I’m just a cheapskate. I am looking for an upgrade to my 16” stock, steel wheels to 18” aftermarket wheels. I was wanting to go up in size to a 18” rim, and was originally looking to buy a newer year Mazda 18” OEM rim. I think those visually. I price checked some new Mazda 3 OEM 18” rims, and was blown away by the high cost. New, they are like around $430. Refurbished is cheaper, but the price is still too high for me.

Sooooo.... I am now looking for some aftermarket 18” wheels that are about $150-ish or less per wheel. Just something nice looking and sturdy. I’m not too concerned with light weight and performance. I’m more going for durable. Oh, and I’ve been checking out fit issues on that website willitfit.com. In looking for an aftermarket rim, I’ve tried to stay close to the Mazda 18” OEM rim dimensions so I don’t get any problems with the wheel poking way out or sitting too far inward.

Anyone have any good experience with an affordable aftermarket wheel that is close in specs to the newer Mazda OEM alloy rims, which are 18x7 with a 50mm offset?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts