Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked around and maybe found a place where you can get the aerotwin wipers that the NA MZ3 do not get, but the ones in Europe do?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
It's made by Bosch and not available in NA. Maybe you can find a Europe store that ships to NA but I think that will end up being expensive wipers.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Next time my family comes in from Europe I'll ask them to bring a set over :) But if they do, can we just put them on an NA spec car without issue?

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
rpc180 said:
Next time my family comes in from Europe I'll ask them to bring a set over :) But if they do, can we just put them on an NA spec car without issue?
yes. no problem. wipers are wipers :wink:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Too bad Canada didn't have Auto Climate control, I would've bought one there, brought it down, gotten a US dealer to equipt it with Xenons and then get the Aerotwin wipers from Europe :twisted:

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Don't get me started on Xenon not being available in Canada LOL.....I loose my temper everytime I see this subject brought up LOL.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
it would be awesome if we combine all the features into one mazda 3.

Auto climate + auto wiper + auto Xenon HID lights + LED taillights with toyo all season 17s tires. hmm what else am I missing?

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Dynamic Traction Control :cry: But to get that you'd need to get a Eurospec 3, which means no 2.3L

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
rpc180 said:
Dynamic Traction Control :cry: But to get that you'd need to get a Eurospec 3, which means no 2.3L
I have to agree. I had traction control on my previous car and last weekend I went to my country house. I did manage do go up my parking but had to work a little. And I have good winter tires. All seasons here get stuck. Traction control was making a big difference on the other car. I really miss that with all the snow we are getting so far.

·
Registered
481 Posts
M3-GT said:
rpc180 said:
i dunno bout that... the arms look different in the pics i've seen... wheres bluong when you need him?

·
Registered
272 Posts
There is no arm in the aerotwin wipers. There is metallic armeture inside the rubber wipers that acts like a spring, you can bend the whole thing. The aerotwin wipers are originated from (European) Ford. It's more expensive and more efficient than the regular design.

Sorry, I'm in vacation and can't check regularly the forum.

·
Registered
481 Posts
ya but the question is, can you snap an aero wiper blade onto a NA wiper arm? I think the arms are different...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Slalom said:
M3-GT said:
rpc180 said:
i dunno bout that... the arms look different in the pics i've seen... wheres bluong when you need him?
You are right. I looked closely at the earotwin arms and they do look different. It seems to me the arms would have to be swaped too. I will talk to my familly in Europe to go and ask at the Mazda dealer there how much w whole set would cost. I inform everybody as soon as I know anything. Cheers!!

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Yes i'll hv to agree that everytime ppl bring up the issue that we dun hv Xenons in Canada.. im very mad..

Is it only in canada that we get the auto wipers?

I would've like to hv auto climate control too..
but I dun mind that i dun hv TCS cuz it seldom snow here in vancouver...just always rain @@

1 - 16 of 16 Posts