Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hokay, guys as some of you may know I have CP-E's standback for the NA Mazda 3's. In order to tune it myself however I need to data log my a/f ratio. well I went with the aem uego because it was cheap and well, let's cut the crap, I thought that gauge was damn sexy :wink:.

Anywho I just hoping that you all can confirm that I am going about this the right way. Also hopefully this will help people who choose to choose to go the same route as me.

So from what I understand using a male RS-232 (DB9) I'm going to need to solder the blue wire (not the white wire?) to pin #2 and use any old wire I can get and solder that to pin #5 and lead the other end to a grounding point. In my particular case I was thinking of getting a cable that converts from the female 232 serial to a USB so I can plug into my laptop. This way I figure I can just stick the wires in without soldering. Although I'm using a female 232 I shouldn't need to reverse where I put the wires right? The blue wire will still go one from the left and the ground wire will go to the far right, correct?

(btw what is the white wire used for?)

here's a pic of a male 232 serial: http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/dynaweb_docs/hdwr/SGI_EndUser/books/IXbricAdd/sgi_html/figures/IXbrick.serialport.pinouts.gif

pic of cable I will use
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?InvtId=USB-RS232-1FT-BULK&cm_mmc=GoogleProducts-_-Cables-_-Adapters/Splitters-_-USB-RS232-1FT-BULK&utm_source=GoogleProducts&utm_medium=ShoppingSites&utm_campaign=USB-RS232-1FT-BULK

Now for the computer part, after I plug the USB into the laptop I can use hyperterminal for data logs by going to Start> Programs> Accessories> Communications> Hyperterminal?

okay my boss is coming in I'll finish the rest of my questions later:wink:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol thanks :)
btw I found that I should cut the head of the serial cable and just leave the usb part on, then I can crimp or solder the wires to the appropriate wires on from the uego to the usb from the exposed wires sticking out--if that sounds like it makes sense.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts