Mazda3 Forums banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

· Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
mica3speedy said:
nice gains from an intake 8) . Does anyone know if aem is working on a sri as well?
Heard from a source that they MAY....MAY....have decided to can the SRI. Why? because they have canned the part number they had previously released to the retailers....

· Registered
48 Posts
mica3speedy said:
nice gains from an intake 8) . Does anyone know if aem is working on a sri as well?
Just curious, why would you want a short ram? Are the cold air units going to be a pain to install or something?

Anyhow, give it about 4 or 5 months, and every performance vendor will probably offer one. AEM even offers intake for a Chrysler Sebring(!), I mean, seriously, what are you doing modifying a Sebring? Stop it. :lol:

· Registered
469 Posts
Mmmm. Torque.

· Registered
5,094 Posts
Since living in Mi, having a cai in winter may not be the best. I had a cai on my svt focus and had to make sure there wasn't any ice or snow on it when I drove. I could always put the stock intake back on for the winter I guess :bitching: .

· Registered
138 Posts
the reason why i would rather have the short ram over the cold air is because i live in Hawaii and it rains a lot. if water gets in my intake im screwed. i use my mazda 3 a lot and i cant see my self buying a new engine, im not a baller...i really dont think you would lose horse power. just try and look at your stock intake. the short ram and your stock intake does look that much of a difference. it does the same thing. so persoanlly i would rather have the short ram.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.