Mazda3 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
No1 Reason... Time! It is a very time consuming install. Easy! But time consuming! No2...I only have 400 miles on it and want to make sure that there are no other "Problems" yet. Dont want to put on the OEM sytem just to take it into the dealership for service after installing the intake. My friend at AEM told me that reinstalliong the stock system is a real pain! Plus the AEM Intake is not C.A.R.B. legal...YET! So until it is California legal and i am confident the are no potential "Engine Check Lights".. it will remain in my bedroom and in the box. I figure about 2,000 miles and i will put it on. AEM want me to bring it in to have it re-Dyno'd to see what numbers it puts out on a "Broken in Car". They used a car with only 15 miles on it when doing the R&D.

Anyone interested in seeing the DYNO sheets for a 3s 2.3L can email me at [email protected], and i will email them to you. These Dyno sheets are from AEM directly.

· Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Did some thinking and since AEM can't seem to get their shit straight I'm cancelling my order with AEM.

Injen has posted they are coming out with one this month anyway so I might has well wait to see what happens. They have committed themselves via their web site. http://www.injen.com/index5005.html

On AEM site? nothing. When we ask them in their forum we get the "we are not telling anything" Not really professional.

Plus the Injen can be converted to an SRI so that solves my SRI-CAI dilemma. When I see some people have some contact inside AEM get theirs via FedEx and we are still stuck in limbo, I have a tough time buying from that company (great for that person though).

AEM Retailers don't even know when they will have it....all they are being told is soon....well soon Injen is coming out and I waited till today anyway so I might as well wait a little longer and be able to choose.

Now AEM is pissing me off too much for me to buy something from them and the benefit that they were coming out with one not long after we placed our orders at the time (2 months ago) is totally gone. :evil:

· Registered
2,160 Posts
radzoom said:
raitchison,

Dod you get my email. Where do you race your car? I live in Orange County and would love to hook up with you on the track.
Yeah I responded to it yesterday.

· Registered
2,160 Posts
M3-GT said:
Did some thinking and since AEM can't seem to get their shit straight I'm cancelling my order with AEM.
He stated he got the AEM because he had let AEM use his previous car for their development work, since he no longer had his previous car an intake for it wouldn't have done him much good, so I suspect that as a favor AEM pulled a Mazda3 intake off the production line and sent it to him special. Special treatment? maybe. Unreasonable? Nope.

Unlike Injen AEM is not going to run teasers on their web site talking about stuff they aren't selling. When the AEM is finally released it will be there on the AEM web site. The reason Injen posted that on their web site anyways is cause they knew that AEM was going to get the drop on them and release first so they didn't want to look bad "please don't buy an AEM ours will be out soon we promise"

At least AEM doesn't sell an Intake that is KNOWN to cause a CEL.

Good luck with the Injen, hopefully it will work out for you, but I'm confident you could get the AEM before the Injen.

· Registered
2,757 Posts
Im definately still sticking with AEM. Injen has had many problems with not just Mazdas, but every other tuner car. So it will be a wait, as hell, just wait. Developing something from scratch then mass producing it isnt a night and day process.

I still want to look into exhaust before I install my intake anyways. And suspension.. and wheels.

vB

· Registered
70 Posts
OK! Raitchison is right. They did pull one off the line for me. I lent them my truck 3 times overthe course of two months. They had it for days at a time. They offered to get me a rental car each time, but i made arrangements to have a car. They offered to fill my 35 gallon tank, but it was full each time i gave it to them. They offerd to wash it, but i have it detailed every week. I could have sucked them for at least $2,000.00 in services, but i didnt. So when i cam time to get an intake, they stepped up to the plate. Special treatment...YOU BET! Thats why AEM is a TOP NOTCH operation! They noticed how i went out of my way for them and that i did not take advantage of them. So they did the right think! 5 star as far as i am concerned. Professional, courtious, and honest.

The M3s Intake is currently in production. They will not release it untill they 1. They have a sufficient run made ( I guess around 10,000 units and 2. They have enough orders from retailers and wholesalers. ( Not direct to the public).

To date they might have a dozen or so requests from private individuals for the intake. Thats not enough to release it. It is a business after all. As soon as they have enough they will ship it out to all the retailers all at once. So it is a level playing field and none of the retailers are complaining that "They got thiers be for me!". I think INJEN would do the same thing. It's just good business sence.

AEM ran the intake on the M3s for long periods of time under different conditions with never seeing a CEL. Have confidence in the high standards, quality and workmanship at AEM. I was taken for a full tour of the production floor before leaving them my truck. I WAS IMPRESSED! Talk about clean. I would expect a factory to be cluttered. NOPE!

Be patient and get the right part for your car. Settle and you'll whish you hadn't.

· Registered
70 Posts
Any engine guy (or gal) will tell you that engines do two things, inhale and exhale ( intake and exhaust). So in choosing..choose the exhaust first. No sence in getting it to take in more, if it cant get it out.

· Registered
70 Posts
There ya go! That means you'll need to give it a few weeks before you can actually order it. It will take a week or two for all the retailers to get them, inventory them, issue internal SKU's and then get them ready for shipping to consumers. Most retailers might accept pre/backorders at this point. But only buy from a reputable retailer! NOT E-BAY!

· Registered
75 Posts
Here I am looking at these graphs with a $1200 check sitting next to me. This is not good... I'm already looking into spring installation since my friend works for a "phantom tire buyer with a secret identity," if you know what I mean...

21 - 40 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.