Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are the 28th....can we have an update? Never thought a tube and a filter took such a long time to send to distributors....I'm speaking for me but I've paid and the date keeps on being pushed further. I presume it's on AEM side but nevertheless, I would appreciate that we get a date from them. I know Dexter reads the forum here.

At this rate, the Injen one will come out at the same time....Yeah. I'm tired of the wait. It's been a month and a half now. :x

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Venting... somewhat. Im a straightforward person. I would like the other end to be as well. Even if they told me it was going to be 3 months, I would have kept my order. Things I hate are "its this" and then a few weeks later, "its this, sorry".

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is really starting to get on my nerves....we were told May 1st then I read this froma tech at AEM:

http://forum.aempower.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=7859

The tech there as no idea and update for the Mazda 3 model and that was on April 27th....and this is going to be in stock today? Yeah right....*cough***cough*** :roll:

Like I said before, seems like it's taking forever and that nobody knows when that piece of tubing will ship. The only thing that is certain is that communications suck between the seller and us. :bitching:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
The AEM web site still doesn't list the Mazda3 at all. You would think it would be announced on their web site at the same time it was available.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Titanum-3 said:
Are the AEM intakes released yet. I found an AEM short ram air intake for the 3 on ebay. I already posted it on the general mazda 3 (Axela) page, here is the link again http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2476898268&category=38634
Answer to my email to mazda3online:

"AEM has told me that these auctions are bogus and in violation of any vendor agreements they have with anyone selling these intakes. The short rams have most certainly NOT been publicly released, so at best these are bootlegs. They are currently investigating where and who these auctions are from.

-Ken"

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't know if anyone has brought this up yet. I was wondering where the intake placement on the short ram intake would be. Wouldn't this be pretty close to the front grill since the engine is flipped compared to the tradition FF layout? Seams to me that it would be cold air and shorter this way. Are there dynos for both kits to compare?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
When AEM had my car to develop the CAI they didn't once mention they were even working on a short ram. I thend to doubt that they are.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've been in contact with AEM every week as well as my suppliers. I've been over this time and again and done so kindly with everyone who has taken the time to contact me personally, but will do so here.

In regards to the auctions, I have sent an email to a few of the sellers who refuse to acknowledge where they got the intakes from. The buyers I have contacted have not said they ever recived an intake.

AEM hasn't given us much of a reason as to why the SRIs have not shipped. I get bounced around to sales, to tech support, to every secretary in the company. Whats really a hassle is that I can't even buy direct through them, I have to buy through a distributor because, according to my rep at AEM "direct sales isn't our bag." So just to find out that the CAI was shipping I've had to talk to three or four different people.

I do totally understand your frustration, and believe me its personally very frustrating. I can only hope the Injen and K&N launches go smoother than this.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
No offense or accusation intended to Mazda3online.com But I won't believe the AEM SRI for the 3 exists till I see it on AEM site or see the actual intake.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wish people would stop ripping us new ones over these damn intakes...its not our fault they aren't out. The date on the site (May 1st) was estimated. It said 'Estimated Arrival Date'. Estimated doesn't mean it will be in stock on that day. The stuff on eBay is questionable at best...and like Ken said, none of the winning bidders have gotten thier intakes either...

If you want to be angry at someone, please be angry at AEM. We just relay the information that comes to us.

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.