Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried an AEM dryflow air filter? Are they any good?

They claim to be better than a standard "clean & oil" filter, easier to clean and obviously if there is no oil, then there is no danger of over-oiling and messing up the MAF sensor. Just wanted to know if anyone on here has any good or bad things to say about them.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
AEM Filters come with all the MSpeed Intakes. I have had 0 issues and seems to work great. I really dont have anything to compare it to. But I did just clean mine and the process is very easy to do but your without a filter for 24 hrs to dry.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have one on my F2 CAI. I had it on for a year and a half and just bought the cleaning kit. It is a lot nicer then oiled filters because of no dirty MAF.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[quote author=TriggersDawn link=topic=136141.msg2936920#msg2936920 date=1234643533]
I have one on my F2 CAI. I had it on for a year and a half and just bought the cleaning kit. It is a lot nicer then oiled filters because of no dirty MAF.
[/quote]

Thanks Trigger, that's what I was looking for. :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Since the MS CAI is an AEM, are the filters the same too? I've never cleaned mine and it's probably due, just don't know what to use to clean it??????

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Yeah its the AEM Cleaner. Fill bucket with water use full bottle of cleaner soak spin refill do it again then rinse and dry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts