Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed my first cai.. took bout an hr with a buddy. 40 mins was trying to get the last resinator bolt off.. i was very close to cutting it off. anyway, i took the car out tonight and it seems to have a sufficient gain in power, but it feels... laggy.. shitty throttle response..even right in the torque curve.. why? did i install it wrong? ..at about 5k the car actually screams. the cai sound is loud and clear, is this normal? i really didnt expect a cai woudl hve this much of an impact on the way the car sounded, and responded... also this may be moto talk but is the mixture now too lean ? im guessing not because of the maf sensor ..? just wondering guys, sorry if i sound like a newb. this was actually the first mod i've ever done to a car. and i am impressed! :klavergreg:
-Phil

ps. about an hr after the instal i had a CEL, by the time i got home tonite it was gone. -> ?

·
Registered
472 Posts
you don't need to reset it when installing a CAI.

you might lose some low end power and torque, but there are gains in the mid range to top end.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no one has anything to say? similar effects?.. sometimes starting the car is really shaky. the car doesnt seem to be as dialed in as before.. suggestions please i dont like the way the car is functioning at all im worried. i feel like i did something wrong

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
actually there was none!! the maf connector wire is very tight. it barely made it to the intake. problem?? should i rip the maf wiring out of the plastic casing for more length?? why would that even help?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yes rip that wire out of the plastic battery box right away. If you dont later down in the future the wires could snap from the engine movement.

·
Registered
472 Posts
[quote author=PhisyPhil link=topic=70303.msg1230950#msg1230950 date=1172419126]
actually there was none!! the maf connector wire is very tight. it barely made it to the intake. problem?? should i rip the maf wiring out of the plastic casing for more length?? why would that even help?
[/quote]

no you're supposed to unclip from the battery box...

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
unclipped from the battery box.. its running better and starting like normal. thanks guys. still laggy. what did u guys do to improve your bottom end ? i have a buddy club condenser on its way to help for throttle response.. help with lag.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dumb question, please forgive me guys...

But a Cold Air Intake... will it void any of my warranty on my car? ( I bought it new '06) Someone please help me understand this one, because everyone tells me it wont... but my dad( Who has worked at dealerships all his life) says a CAI WILL void my warranty, so I cant get it done... yet.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts