Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I'm looking for some braking improvement and when I was a super noob, looked at big brake kits and wished. From reading for the last few months I've learned there are better and much cheaper ways to make you have stronger brakes. I've heard around new brake lines make a big difference, does it? Is it a good buy?

http://www.streetunit.com/Techna_Fit_Brake_Lines_Mazda_3_p/ma-1300.htm theres the ones I'd prob get.

· Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=134708.msg2896475#msg2896475 date=1233174850]
They won't make much of a difference in daily driving, but when using the brakes aggressively and repeatedly (e.g. on a track) they will help prevent that squishy pedal feeling since they won't expand when heated up a lot. I would recommend putting in some good fluid (i.e. Motul RBF600) at the same time as the new lines for the best effect.
[/quote]

Ah I see, perhaps I'll wait then, cuz I haven't taken my mazda on a track yet even.

· Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[quote author=Verto link=topic=134708.msg2896540#msg2896540 date=1233176748]
+1 they'll give a firmer pedal feel but you wont notice it much unless you're braking hard alot. try upgrading to slotted rotors and new pads first (i suggest hawk hps or ebc's)
[/quote]

Yeah when it was time for new pads I was gonna go with Hawks.

· Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So perhaps the SS lines are worth it, even if I'm a street driver?

· Registered
538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I want a turbo! :p :lol:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.