Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some advice on what springs to buy. I want to lower my brand new 2017 Mazda 3 5door iSport at LEAST an inch and a half(2" even better). I'm looking for that nice happy medium between great look but still a comfortable ride.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm sure this is a friendly forum, so maybe someone could help me out. I'm trying to learn, and have posted a couple of threads now but have received no response. It's cool, I'm a big boy and can handle it, but I guess I'm about to give up and start looking elsewhere....? I thought this would be a good place to learn more about my new Mazda and ways to personalize it, but maybe it's one of those forums that has small to zero tolerance/patience with newbies...? If so, I get it. If not, I really AM looking for some suggestions and direction. I'm ready to pull the trigger but need some help.

Help? Lol......

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Welcome aboard. Patience. It can be quiet some days.

Personally, I don't have a recommendation, but someone will.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
588 Posts
Well, there really isn't to much of a happy medium. Dropping two inches with the eibach sport springs will give you great handling but a bouncy ride coupled with your stock dampers. But at neatly 2 inches lower some bottom out issues if you live in an area that has raised anything. I had them so I'm familiar.

I soon switched to the street version with just over an inch drop. And coupled with the stock dampers the ride is probably what I would call balanced. Good cornering less roll yet still fairly comfortable. Plus I didn't have to worry about screwing the camber up with the streets like I did with the sports. That being said I also went with the camber angle adjustment played from eibach as well. It will keep your ride low without screwing up the read from inwards camber. Don't do one without the other.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Reverb1978

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, there really isn't to much of a happy medium. Dropping two inches with the eibach sport springs will give you great handling but a bouncy ride coupled with your stock dampers. But at neatly 2 inches lower some bottom out issues if you live in an area that has raised anything. I had them so I'm familiar.

I soon switched to the street version with just over an inch drop. And coupled with the stock dampers the ride is probably what I would call balanced. Good cornering less roll yet still fairly comfortable. Plus I didn't have to worry about screwing the camber up with the streets like I did with the sports. That being said I also went with the camber angle adjustment played from eibach as well. It will keep your ride low without screwing up the read from inwards camber. Don't do one without the other.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

That's awesome man, thank you. If you have a pic, I'd love to see your car......!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am happy with a one inch drop. Don't think I could tolerate much more than that. After all, the world is paved with bumps, curbs, pot holes, much less littered with stuff that wants to hit your from bumper cover.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys/gals have a2017 mazda 3 with the grand touring package. I put on lowering springs and tossed the factory one...now about to sell the car back to the dealer, dealer is killing me on the resell because of the springs. Does anyone on here have their factory springs they are willing to pay with or sell?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts