Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've been searching around trying to figure this out. I have an 07 w/bose. I want to get the pioneer avh-p3100. 1 thing I that I'm trying to figure out is the whole rms output #. I know the pioneer is 14 watts rms when compared to the kenwood ddx512, which has 22 watts rms.
What I've been trying to figure out is...

I plan on keeping the bose amp and just plugging in the new head unit. Will that watts rms # make any difference in terms of sound, power output or will it not matter since the bose is still doing the amplifying?

thanks for any input

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
If you plan on keeping the Bose speakers and amp, then the built-in amp in whatever aftermarket deck you buy won't matter (as you won't use it). You'll end up using the line outputs on the HU, as that's the kind of input the Bose amp is expecting. Don't connect the speaker-level outputs on the HU to the Bose amp, as you could end up causing damage. (You will probably need to fabricate some custom cables that have RCAs on one end, and bare wires on the other so you can tap them into the car's wiring harness to send the signal to the Bose amp.)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. That actually answered everything I was wondering perfectly. :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts