Mazda3 Forums banner

Adjusting The Gauges

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  DJ Spencer 
#1 ·
hey everyone just wondering something real quick, at night when you look at ure gauges is that blue supposed to stand out? becuz i see the red really well..and i keep thinking the blue should light up a lil more...thanks haha i havent really noticed whether its supposed to stand out more or not :(

EDIT: Thread title :twisted:

#3 ·
Make sure that you don't have the daytime brightness button pushed in. It's on the left, opposite from the trip reset button on the dials. during the day, with no headlights on, you will cycle down through 5 shades of red. At night or daytime with the lights turned on, it will make it super bright or switch it to the dimmer on the lower left console.

At night, with lights on and the dimmer control set, you should see the blue just fine - the red should be the more obvious, but the blue will stick too.

Easy way to tell - go out and turn your lights on, if the red gauges do not dim at all, you have the switch set for daytime lighting - just punch it once.

#6 ·
no, punch it.

Of course, you have to get your fist behind the wheel and under the dash, between the gauges...

Of f%$k it... "press" the damn thing!

#8 ·
Snickers really satisfys...

Gee, I hope Carolyn (csweeney) gets back soon - something is missing fromt he conversations.

#12 ·
I'm not on at 5pm.... Oh wait, I'm always on - I just never get work done.. :)

Damn east-west times zones!

#15 ·
MZ6ZoomZoom said:
Although this is kinda the wrong thread for this discussion, we are thinking about doing some such thing. Not on AIM though.

So then move us, Mr. Moderator... :idea:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.