Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a few posts where people had issues adjusting the rear Koni shocks but I'm not sure why, unless I'm missing something. They were easily compressed by pushing them against the garage floor. I placed a 6mm box wrench over the top of the shaft so the shaft could be held still while rotating the shock body.

It's a little time consuming to have to remove the shocks to adjust them. Thank God they're held in by only 3 bolts, so it's not that bad.

Don't fear the yellows :lol:

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
when i had these on my focus i cut a slit in the carpet above the shock so i could reach my hand down in there and adjust it. you might not be able to do this as i havent looked at how the top of the rear shocks are set up on the 3 yet.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[quote author=jflash link=topic=70408.msg1231094#msg1231094 date=1172424787]
when i had these on my focus i cut a slit in the carpet above the shock so i could reach my hand down in there and adjust it. you might not be able to do this as i havent looked at how the top of the rear shocks are set up on the 3 yet.
[/quote]

The shock must be fully compressed to engage the adjustment mechanism. The shock cannot be fully compressed once assembled with the top mount.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The rear Koni's are internally adjustable, which means they don't have a knob to turn like the fronts, which are externally adjustable. You'll have to remove them no matter what if you want to make an adjustment.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
i guess they are different than the ones for the focus. i just had a knob on the top to turn. front and rear.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
[quote author=randomlinh link=topic=70408.msg1404761#msg1404761 date=1178940763]
so what about the fronts? that sounds like a huge pain in the arse :(
[/quote]

The fronts have a knob on the top of the struts that you insert a tool into to adjust them. Much less painful than the rears.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts