Mazda3 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my dad had this big argument on adding subs to my new 3. So the big question here is if i add subs an get them profesionaly installed will that void my warrinty. please help me thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
Why don't you get in touch with your dealer? They would probably know best.

My first guess would be no, with the exception of the radio if it breaks, but I would personally talk to my dealer if I was concerned, or even the guys that would be doing the work...

·
Registered
670 Posts
Kirk said:
PERFORMANCE CONSUMER'S BILL OF RIGHTS:
Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Maguson Moss Warranty Act, www.GranatelliMotorSports.com/magnusonmoss.htm (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov. For additional information, check out the following links:
Bill of rights
Denied claims
Federal warranty laws

Links taken from Granatelli Motorsports, which is an excellent source for information on the matter. Contrary to popular belief, the addition of any modification, including NOS and/or forced induction, does NOT void your factory warranty. Your factory warranty, however, is not obligated to extend to your aftermarket parts or to any damage caused as a result of the installation of those parts. In short, you can modify your car however you like, and you're protected by law in doing so.

Do: Read the links I provided. They're the law, and in easy to read English.

Don't: Listen to 95% of the people on the Internet who think they know what they're talking about, but actually have no experience with it (general statement, and not directed at anyone).

Be educated. Be modified. Be happy.
:)

·
Registered
670 Posts
All that basically means you can do anything you want to the car, the warranty will only be voided if the dealer can prove that your subs caused the problem. (I.E. your stereo quit working after the install)

·
Registered
670 Posts
:party: Just be sure to send us some pics. If you can, take pics of the pro's doing the install. We have a good walkthough thanks to vaBooM, but it's nice to see another variation.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts