Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Mazda3 i SV, 2.0L, 5 speed automatic
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

As the title suggests. The car I recently purchased I know has a unique set of options. Power windows and locks, remote keyless entry, steering radio controls but no cruise.

I’d like to add it, but want to confirm what I need and if there’s any good sources for used parts, as the switches I think I need are the most expensive for new ( go figure). I’ve found some write ups here and otherwise for the older models but not the ‘13. If I’m not mistaken, 2010-2013 are basically the same procedure.

I believe I need these buttons:

But at about $200 new all over, used will be the way to go if possible unless I can find a complete wheel setup the way I need.

Question: on this steering wheel, do I need a whole wheel or can the blank part on the RH side be removed to make room for the switches?

I have read different things, some say it’s plug and play, others say a dealer reprogram is necessary. I’m fine with the latter, but would like to know if you guys know of a Mazda dealer in the Chicagoland area that is familiar with doing this to save me some time finding one.

In my previous line of work I have 10 years in an independent shop, so I’m up to the task of whatever is needed but I’m checking here to be best informed to not waste down time with the car.

Thanks all I advance!

G

·
Registered
291 Posts
Have a look at this: 2012 Mazda cruise control - Mazda Forum - Mazda Enthusiast Forums

OK everyone. Just had my Mazda 3 I-sport put on the computer this afternoon and had the speed control setting turned on. The service rep tried to tell me the car did not have the necessary stuff to work but I convinced him to try it. I told him I would pay for the work even if it did not work. He was shocked because he had been convinced that it wouldn't. It worked like a charm. He plugged his computer in to the under-the-dash port and fired up his diagnostic program and selected the VIN number and then selected the speed icon and hit enter and the computer told him to select inhibit or activate. He punched activate and the program ran for about a minute and then said done. He disconnected and drove around the block and came back with a big grin and said that I now had cruise control. Cost me $27.00 bucks for the job. DON'T LET ANY DEALERSHIP TELL YOU IT CAN'T BE DONE. The only part you need is the switch assembly Mazda part number BBM5-66-4M0C. The "C" indicated that it is for a 2012 model. You can get the part here [email protected] . Cost $178.00 plus shipping. Mark can be reached at mazdapartswholesale.com. The steering wheel/switch removal and installation guide located on this web site is simple and very easy to do. I left my positive terminal cable off all night with the light switch on just to be safe.

·
Registered
2013 Mazda3 i SV, 2.0L, 5 speed automatic
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I thought I had replied here but it looks like I did it when I didn't have good service so it never showed up.

Hey guys! Wanted to report a success using ForScan to add cruise to a car formerly without it.

2013 Mazda3 iSV
Donor buttons from a 2010 Mazda3

Swapped buttons into my wheel because my wheel was a little better condition

ForScan in this case had a toggle for cruise so I didn’t have to mess with the hexadecimal

Highly recommend the program for this and I will be buying a license to support the developers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts