Mazda3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, I don't have pics yet(please give me a few days; my father is in the hospital, but he is getting better).

I am very surprised about how well this vehicle accelerates in its stock form. I have a 2007 Shelby GT and I wonder how this car stacks up against the Speed3(I will never know; I don't know how I would feel if the Speed3 beat my Shelby). :knockout:

I can't wait to take this thing to VIR. :break:

Oh, one more thing. There seems to be a green tint to the paint. I first saw the car at night, so I was caught off guard when I saw it the next day. I still like it but I question the name Metro Grey. Not haten', just my .02. Love the car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I was expecting something closer to the galaxy gray, but I do like it. I have a hard time explaining the color to my friends who hasn't seen it yet. :lol:

·
Registered
432 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase!!! You know the Metro Grey color is something special if Mazda chose to use it as the only color on the special 40th anniv. RX-8 :)

·
Registered
10,739 Posts
The metro grey is really nice, it has tons of different-colored flecks in it and different angles, so you can see different colors refract through it in different lighting conditions.

·
Registered
114 Posts
[quote author=cali_axela link=topic=135728.msg2924777#msg2924777 date=1234224330]
The metro grey is really nice, it has tons of different-colored flecks in it and different angles, so you can see different colors refract through it in different lighting conditions.
[/quote]

yep, that's why I love mine.

Congrats on your new addition!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the kind words and the good information regarding the paint color.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nice!

Yeah I love my MGM Mazdaspeed....they seem pretty rare too. I see a lot of white, red, and black ones here, but I've never seen another one of my color. It's really beautiful in the sun. Tint the windows darker, and it looks pretty amazing.

Congrats!

·
Registered
432 Posts
I wish I could tint my windows, but the PD here are real hardass' about it...2 tint tix 4 me in a couple of years is it for me (and I had 70% --very very light tint--on my last ride when I got popped on my way to work. That was the reason he pulled me over, I couldn't believe it. :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got her tinted on Saturday. Sorry, still not pics. It's pretty dirty. I'll clean her up this weekend and take some pics.

·
Registered
15,654 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your purchase. Hope everything works out well with your father. :goodjob:

On to my stock suggestions. Make sure to check out the "why you should buy a third key" stickied at the top of this forum. You may also want to think about replacing/augmenting the anemic clown horn. ;)

I've found that pretty much all of the paints Mazda uses are very dynamic in that they change slightly depending on your lighting. The MGM seems to be no exception.

Any other plans for the car?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My father is doing much better. I appreciate your concern.

Well, I've ordered a few thing:
Intake/Inlet
Bov/Bpv
Downpipe
FMIC

I did some reading and there are some very informative posts about how to mod and why to mod the Speed3's.  I wanted to make sure each performance mod makes sense and I figured out what I wanted to accomplish.  The FMIC is a no brainer.  It's expensive, much more than the ones for a Mustang.  Keeping the temps down to prevent heat soak is a must.  The downpipe also makes sense.  I figured the system is stopped up at that point in addition to the Intake/Inlet area. 

I'm going to wait until I get 1000 miles on the car before I mod it.  That will give me time to get use to that friggin shifter.  :lol:

William

1 - 12 of 12 Posts